When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
This role will work with member hospitals and Vizient Regional Offices to provide pharmacy consulting services. Specific areas of involvement will include working with hospital executives, administrators, clinicians, and directors of pharmacy, to identify medication targets of opportunity to reduce costs as well as implementation of cost reduction initiatives and utilization strategies.
- Consult with pharmacists to develop and implement clinical pharmacy programs that will reduce costs while maintaining or improving quality of care to patients.
- Develop and manage projects/initiatives for Health Care Organizations (HCOs) targeting non-salary expense reduction with a focus on standardization and utilization.
- Analyze pharmaceutical purchases and conduct key prescriber interviews with the HCO's Clinical Pharmacy team to validate and estimate identified opportunities for improved formulary management such as; (1) Maximizing market share and product standardization, resulting in best pricing; (2) Therapeutic interchange programs; (3) Automatic therapeutic substitutions; (4) IV to oral streamlining opportunities
- Perform other related clinical programs which may aid in patient throughput and care.
- Work with clinical leaders to discuss and facilitate changes in formulary management.
- Assist members in evaluating and positioning requests for new and significant formulary additions; development of draft protocols, clinical tools and order sets as identified.
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy required. PharmD is preferred.
- Minimum 7 years hands-on clinical pharmacy experience in an acute care hospital is required.
- Experience with 340B is preferred..
- Previous experience as a Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator/Manager/Director is preferred.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee activities is desired.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and MS Word processing software is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.