When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
VIZIENT’s team of accomplished pharmacist consultants is regarded nationally for their expertise in helping hundreds of VIZIENT member organizations achieve excellence in medication management.
- Work from home in a virtual office environment while also benefiting from the close knit collegial support provided by team members with many years of practice experience in leading health systems.
- Support the identification and implementation of medication use strategies that will improve the clinical and economic performance of VIZIENT member health systems.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in pharmacy enterprise operations, providing information and advisory services based on evidenced based literature, compliance regulations, data analysis and leading practices from other VIZIENT member hospitals.
The incumbent will draw upon their demonstrated expertise in pharmacy administration to accurately assess pharmacy-operating environments, appraise and prioritize member challenges, and design operational plans to achieve efficient, high value pharmacy programs. This includes staffing and service delivery optimization strategies, automation and information technology applications, supply chain optimization, medication safety and regulatory readiness. The overall objective of the work is to help position the pharmacy enterprise to provide optimal value to the organization through adoption of industry leading practices. Specific areas of involvement will include proposal writing and sales support, project management, conducting pharmacy operational assessments and implementation of high priority opportunities.
During the first year of employment, the incumbent will work on site at Essentia Health in Duluth, MN. Key activities will include project management and working with a team of Vizient analysts and contracting support staff to identify and implement pricing, operational and clinical pharmacy improvement opportunities across a group of hospitals and ambulatory care sites at Essentia Health.
- Conduct practical assessments of pharmacy and medication management programs in Member hospitals.
- Utilize accepted leading practices, pharmaceutical care standards and benchmark comparisons to develop strategic operating plans that will position the pharmacy program for optimal value, efficiency and service excellence.
- Develop implementation work plans and provide hands on implementation support to achieve high priority objectives.
- Develop and manage projects/initiatives for health care organizations targeting contracting and clinical utilization opportunities as well as innovative strategies to reduce cost through aggregated contracting and operational efficiency.
- Meet or exceed contractual value targets for all assigned projects.
- Achieve excellent member satisfaction scores at the completion of an engagement.
- Craft and deliver influential communications with clarity and confidence to senior-level audiences.
- Support consulting practice development activities, including development, launch and implementation of new or improved services and products.
- Support client proposal development in collaboration with the management team and corporate sales executives, serving as a subject matter expert throughout the sales process.
- Must live within a reasonable daily commuting distance to Duluth, MN for the first year of employment. After the first year, the incumbent will travel to consulting engagements and may live at any continental US location within close proximity to a commercial airport. After the first year, travel is estimated at 50%.
- Licensed pharmacist with graduate degree at the Masters or Doctorate level in Pharmacy, Business or Hospital Administration
- ASHP accredited pharmacy residency training or equivalent experience.
- 10 years of progressively responsible pharmacy management experience, with at least 5 years in a medium to large multifacility health care system
- Demonstrated record of achievement in health system pharmacy leading practices
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee activities is desired.
- Previous experience in healthcare consulting preferred.
- 340B certification preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.