Consulting Director - Medical / Surgical Lead
Provide strategic contracting and sourcing expertise/direction to facilitate long-term member’s complete life cycle contracting needs. Responsible for the successful management of a spend category, facilitating and managing all sourcing events from Rfx to contracting for all the associated products and services. Additional responsibilities include providing the strategic direction for their spend category including managing relationships with stakeholders and supervision over strategic sourcing category resources. Also, responsible for being a key person in negotiating contracts, maintaining high compliance, and providing regional and custom contracting support.
- Manage Medical/Surgical category to generate annual cost and utilization savings.
- Accountable for specific cost-savings goals at Members engagement. In this responsibility it is required to identify cost-savings opportunities and develop and manage a formal work plan for the Category throughout the year.
- Partner with client’s privacy, OGC, insurance services, data security and other risk mitigation teams to ensure contracts are in compliance with Client expectations.
- Facilitate and lead sourcing initiatives with stakeholder teams. Initiatives will be implemented in conjunction with members clinical and non-clinical decision committees (value analysis teams).
- Partner with Vizient GPO to drive contract compliance, tier optimization, and administrative fees.
- Utilize operational policy & procedure (i.e. – Value Management process) to ensure success.
- Build and foster ongoing professional relationships with C-Suite, nursing leadership, Nursing Products Advisory Committee (NPAC) and other client executives.
- Partner with stakeholder groups to ensure category acceptability and contract compliance.
- Ensure contracts within portfolio do not expire and supports supplier initiatives and programs developed to ensure compliance to contractportfolio.
- Conduct business reviews with key suppliers follow Internal Audit requirements.
- Track and manage initiatives in an organized and proficient manner. Duties include overseeing staff to produce project schedules, team rosters, meeting management and meeting documentation.
- Facilitate the bid process and generates Rfx according to members policies, conducts the entire RFP process through evaluation, vendor demons/product evaluation and vendor service level assessment.
- Bachelor's degreepreferred; MBA is a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a consulting sector. Experience in a healthcare operations, consulting operations or marketing support role preferred.
- Ability to price and support scoping of consulting projects, including translating scope into clear proposal language.
- Understanding of drafting contracting documents, including consulting agreements/statements of work and translating consulting proposals into legal agreements.
- Basic understanding of the healthcare industry.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and have experience driving system enhancements, and proactively recognizing and delivering on new or improved reporting needs.
- Ability to lead enterprise-wide projects, including large cross-functional efforts with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent business and financial insight, with the ability to quantify challenges and suggest alternative actions.
- Understanding of project management concepts like activity plans, milestones, task dependencies, risk and issue tracking, and status reporting.
- Excellent executive and team communication skills, as well as solid leadership and people management skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.