Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
The Consulting Director, Technology Solutions identifies, qualifies leads, manages, and supports the execution and delivery of customer solutions from a services perspective. The Consulting Director, Technology Solutions works with the Sr. Consulting Director and Sales team to create and execute the business plan and develop the area’s capabilities in terms of demand creation and service delivery. The Consulting Director, Technology Solutions manages a team of billable consultants and is responsible for engagement planning, engagement staffing, execution, quality and client satisfaction. Overall job purpose
- Team with Prospect Sales organization to identify, qualify and close Teradata Consulting Services opportunities in our Prospect marketplace.
- Participates actively in the sales process, taking a lead role on project expansions and extensions
- Manages client relationships to create promoters within the account
- Partners with account relationship lead on account planning and strategy
- Oversees delivery of core infrastructure consulting projects sold to client around the installed base
Skills and Experience
- Pre-sales leadership experience. Proven ability to close new accounts.
- Ability to establish credibility with Prospect Business and Technical leadership to drive Teradata new account business.
- Significant technical project/program management experience, particularly in a data and analytics environment
- Strong technical expertise in relevant areas including data warehousing
- Customer relationship management experience
- Sales experience, particularly in services
- Financial management experience sufficient to run profitable consulting engagements
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and deliver high quality interactions with Prospect Customers and the internal Teradata team.
- Team with Prospect Sales team to create compelling account plans leading to new account sales.
- Identifies and positions the Teradata Consulting Portfolio including, Open Source, Analytic Business
- Consulting and Teradata offers in both the on premises and cloud based solution marketplaces.
- Oversees overall project planning and execution for all current core infrastructure projects at a client; plans and manages project scheduling and sequencing
- Supervises a group of Project Managers who manage projects on a day to day basis
- Manages relationships with client stakeholders, seeking to build strong client promoters to build pipeline of future work
- Actively develops opportunities to expand and extend current projects
- Communicates project status to all project stakeholders through status meetings and reports
- Regularly meets with account team lead to discuss account strategy and future sales opportunities
- Coaches and develops Project Managers and Consultants
- Manages process of scoping, planning, costing, and pricing new projects
- Develops Statements of Work for new projects; defines goals and objectives, client requirements, resources needed, budget, risks, and deliverables
- Works with available resources to staff projects appropriately
- Ensures proper internal management systems are adhered to, including time, to facilitate accurate reporting
- Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS, MBA, or MS in business, technical or professional discipline or equivalent work experience
- Continuous education in business strategies, design concepts and methodologies and/or technologies
- Proven record of eight years minimum demonstrating the ability to manage a successful business and P&L
- Hands on experience in a number of business disciplines such as consulting services, business operations, project management, information technology, software development, or marketing and sales, with a proven ability and record of success
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Ability to positively present themselves, Teradata and consulting services
- Minimum of eight years as an internal or external consultant with broad exposure and experience in a variety of circumstances and a proven record of success
This position is working in a virtual office environment, including home office & customer site. A combination of independent work and team collaboration will be required. Travel up to 75% is also expected. Customers are within the Seattle area. Preference would be for a Seattle based resource. Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.