Description: Under close supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data. This position functions both as an analyst and as a statistical analytics and/or report programmer.
- Develops reports with accurate, easy to read, useful information.
- Designs and generates tracking and monitoring tools.
- Designs and enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective and user-friendly.
- Participates in the development of outcomes and process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, and evaluation.
- Maintains complex statistical routines, which may include the use of SAS, macros, vendor software, and software written by self and others.
- Tests and maintains data integrity.
- Minimum one (1) year of programming in either a reporting language, such as SQL, Visual Basic, C#, SAS or equivalent statistical analytical programming language required.
- Bachelor of arts or science degree in business, economics, finance, health care administration, computer science, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research,OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field required.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Strong ability to apply analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership Environment.
- Experience with SQL, and SQL Reporting Services (SRSS) or experience with macros, AF, and SASGRAPHS, PROC Report andvstatistical procedures in SAS preferred.
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases preferred.
- Analytical consulting experiencepreferred.
- Project management experience desirable.
- Experience with, MVS/TSP or Windows 7 and Windows server 2008 operating systems preferred.