Siemens Industry is looking for a Consulting Business Developer for the Colorado and Utah markets with primary focus in Denver. The candidate will work with local sales & area sales management to identify and secure business from key targets (consultants, general contractors, electricalcontractors and end users). This person will report to the Director of Business Development for the West and Central Regions.
• Must have the ability to review complex bills of material & offer alternative solutions (bill of material optimization) to customers that drive incremental value over the competition.
• Ability to facilitate a bid negotiation that covers all aspects of a large complex project: system design, bill of materials, labor content, local codes & standards, and contract negotiations including risk & liability.
• Able to identify all key stakeholders of the project bid & negotiation process & represent Siemens products to those stakeholders.
• Able to evaluate business opportunities & make recommendations on specifications, system design, and product application.
Knowledge, Skills and Education/Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree/Advanced degree & combination of 5 plus years of sales/engineering experience.
• Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of product solutions for industrial & construction applications.
• Manage thru conflict & navigate discussions with various stakeholders that may or may not agree on a solution for a particular opportunity.
• Self-starter & motivator who can create and maintain key customer relationships.
• Have a strong understanding of Medium & Low voltage distribution products.
• Able to manage C level relationships within engineering and EPC firms.
• Working knowledge of the electrical industry and/or the specific markets listed.
Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Requisition Number: 220712