Consulting Architect - Process Automation
Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of successful consulting engagements with customers working on workflow or process automation implementations making use of WS-BPEL and related technologies.
- Represent and carry out consulting engagements for Active Endpoints, Inc (AEI) customers working on process automation implementations making use of WS-BPEL, BPMN and related technologies.
- Manage company clients' needs and expectations to ensure their success using AEI products. In a team environment, and as team lead, communicate precisely with customers to define technical implementation requirements without losing sight of customer goals.
- Ensure that the team understands technical and business requirements, and scopes work effort appropriately for the engagements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to customer's personnel for each project as it progresses.
- Deliver tasks on customer consulting engagements, including prototyping solutions, and custom development of workflows and related deliverables. These include but are not limited to the following tasks: develop WS-BPEL processes; develop AEI BUnit/BSuite test cases and suites as required; perform unit testing of all WS-BPEL processes developed; provide guidance to customer's developers; perform code reviews, and identify design and architectural issues; provide feedback and recommendations for the refactoring of WS-BPEL processes; carry out integration with 3rd party services and other software platforms and environments; install and configure AEI products at customer sites, and provide consulting supporting these activities.
- Mentor and guide customers through their implementation process. Provide training and "best practice" consulting, including performance evaluation and tuning of AEI solutions.
- Follow through on feedback and recommendations ensuring that design and best practices are implemented.
- Up to 80% travel
- Superior ability to work independently and make decisions with limited direct supervision
- Self-starter with a consultant mindset - reacts appropriately and professionally at all times in customer-facing engagements
- Broad experience in XML, WSDL, SOAP, XPath, XQuery, Java, Web Services and WS-* standards
- Broad experience in the concepts and practice of workflow, BPMN, WS-BPEL
- Experienced with and has a broad understanding of SOA, ESB, Web Services, EAI, and architecture and design of complex systems in a services environment
- Past customer-facing professional services experience in either a software firm or consultancy
- Familiarity with process automation products such as AEI's ActiveVOS, Oracle's Process Manager, or IBM's WebSphere Process Server
- Residence within the greater Boston MA area or Shelton CT
- Currently hold or have held a US Security Clearance
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or fields related to process automation and five years of experience in automation utilizing WS-BPEL or Web services technologies; or in the alernative a Master's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or fields related to process automation and three years of experience in automation utilizing WS-BPEL or Web services technologies.