Consultant, Systems Analysis
5 - 7 years experience •
• Analysis team, within Enterprise Data Solutions, is responsible for data systems analysis and data expertise in the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
• Specifically, this team acts as liaison between MasterCard business and technical teams in areas such as data quality, analysis, audits and controls, and report definition and creation.
• The role of the Systems Analyst will provide ongoing technical expertise and support to the development lifecycles of MasterCard products and ancillary applications.
• The Systems Analyst will partner with business owners and technology teams to ensure that business and functional requirements are appropriately aligned with Operations and Technology.
• Do you have systems analysis experience with Data Warehouse technologies associated with big data, high-volume, transactional systems?
• Are you detail-oriented and proactive?
• Do you have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment?
• Provide exceptional technical analysis of product or application hardware and software to ensure that business and functional requirements can be met
• Perform analysis of system requirements and work closely with the development teams to ensure proper designs are achieved
• Lead review sessions of technical requirements and facilitate JAD sessions for project team
• Determine development impacts to current processing and work with programmers and users to ensure accuracy of enhancements
• Prioritize and identify cross application/system enhancements
• Provide technical support to business owners during implementation of new products/services and provide subject matter expertise for support escalations
All About You
• 5+ years Experience of hands on experience serving as a Systems Analyst - Bank Card industry would be a huge plus – knowledge of transaction processing- Credit, Debit, eCommerce & Personal Payments
• Serve as the Liaison between Products Groups and Technical Delivery
• Candidate has to be a quick study – ability to become a functional SME
• Solid technical knowledge and capability – Unix/Shell Scripting, SQL, RDBMS (Oracle or similar Technologies)
• Participate in Product validation throughout the SDLC
• Participate in Design and Code reviews and provide feedback
• Experience with Agile methodology
• Has to have an eye for Quality
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems or equivalent combination of relevant experience and education
• High-energy, detail-oriented, and proactive with the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation with a willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong relationship, collaborative, and organization skills.
• Strong relationship building skills
• Ability to capture functional requirements and translate the same to technical requirements.