Consultant, Strategic Pricing and Revenue Management, Pricing Strategy
Our client is looking for a Strategic Pricing Consultant. This consultant will perform analyses and provide recommendations to leadership on all pricing strategies, programs, and individual market requests for the products and markets they are responsible for. This consultant will also ensure adherence with company processes and documentation requirements.
This Consultant will work with Strategic Pricing, Market Research, Outcomes Research, Commercial, Corporate Development and Lifecycle Innovation, and with local Marketing colleagues to share best practices, to champion selling on Value vs. Price and to continue to develop and maintain strategic pricing and negotiation skills in the markets. This position will report to the Director of Pricing Strategy.
- Design and develop pricing methodologies and analytical models that optimize profit contribution and ensure that these models and techniques are deployed and utilized by the markets to support strategic and tactical pricing decisions.
- Optimize value extracted from pricing strategies by embedding customer perceptions into pricing decisions through price sensitivity and value based analyses, including relevant Outcomes Research and Market Research components and participation in Market / Pricing Research design.
- Provide expertise to set pricing guidelines for new products as well as inputs and pricing analyses for pricing lifecycle management.
- Analyze and compare actual market pricing and recommend alignment where needed. Define pricing corridors and acceptable deviations where appropriate, and identify pricing leakage in commercial policy.
- Financial acumen and the ability to communicate findings to inspire confidence in KOLs
- Ability to begin work and undertake projects on own initiative; self-starter
- Knowledge of pricing analytics and modeling required and the dynamics of animal health value generation a plus.
- Understanding of financial statements and accounting
- Understanding of consumer pricing and industrial pricing mechanisms
- BS in finance, mathematics, economics or related field with at least 5years of relevant experience. An MBA is highly preferred.