Consultant, Strategic Business SR, Network Strategy & New Market Service Delivery Pln
Description: The Strategic Business Consultant collaborates with executive sponsors, business owners and other key stakeholders to lead the planning and execution of complex, strategic programs or multiple strategic projects of high complexity for Kaiser Permanente's Northwest Region. Up to $2M return on investment. 3-24 months in duration. Up to 10 business functions, up to 10 work streams, oversight of up to 100 project resources. Active engagement of 5 or more VPs/AMDs; some engagement with President and Executive Medical Director.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative, results oriented working relationships with executive sponsors, business owners, peers, and other key stakeholders. Serves as thought partner and business advisor to leaders at all levels. Demonstrates strong business acumen and healthcare industry expertise; understands organizational environment and impact on project success. Consults with executive sponsors, business owners and other key stakeholders to develop and manage project structure, charter, timeline, roles&responsibilities, metrics/scorecards, budgets, ROI analysis, and working agreements throughout the life of the project. Develops business cases, as needed. Partners with sponsors and business owners to engage needed resources, define roles and responsibilities, and arrange for assignments of key project participants. Facilitates project team and sponsor meetings to drive effective strategic planning, decision making, problem solving and conflict management; balances schedules, scope and budget - renegotiating with business owners and sponsors as necessary; escalates project issues, risks and challenges quickly. Maintains open communication and reports on progress throughout the life of the project using status reports, meetings and ad hoc updates, as needed. Develops and manages change management and communication plans to drive effective human change; partners with key stakeholders to develop presentations, memos, surveys and other documents in clear, concise and compelling way that drives change. Delivers presentations to executive sponsors and other stakeholders, as needed. As projects close out, develops sustainability plan, documents lessons learned and conducts/communicates ROI analysis.
- Develops strategic assessments of potential business opportunities for increasing revenue, reducing expenses, or/or enhancing service/quality. Conduct internal/external benchmarking interviews, design/conduct surveys, facilitate focus groups, document current state processes, and conduct data analysis to define current state, capture best practices, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Develop, coaches and mentors others; manages other PMs/Consultants inside and outside of assigned programs, as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Minimum five (5) years of project management experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of project leadership and/or management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, public administration, health care or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience working with executive leaders; demonstrates excellent skills in influence and political savvy.
- Outstanding relationship management&collaboration skills.
- Excellent meeting facilitation, conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking, business acumen, and results orientation.
- Advanced level computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel and Powerpoint, Visio).
- Minimum two (2) years of health care industry experience; knowledge of health care operations, including primary care, specialty and ancillary services.
- Minimum two (2) years of change management experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of process improvement experience and/or relevant certification.
- Four (4) years of progressive experience in health care (or two (2) years plus graduate degree).
- Preferred experience includes managed care, indemnity insurance, and health insurance sales.
- Master's degree in business, public health or related field.
Job Number: 624236