Consultant, Software Engineering
Leads software engineering projects and creates the development and delivery of enhanced software solutions. Researches alternative technical solutions for changing business needs. Responsible for assuring the daily activities of the team meet the requirements of SLA’s.
• Successfully lead major projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications.
• Create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs).
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, outline potential value and ROI, identify risks, benefits and constraints.
• Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture proposals based on identified solution gaps.
• As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of technical solutions.
• Create solution definition and solution architecture.
• Assist Management in Business Case Development and Scenario Planning leading to an effective decision making process.
• Make presentations to the Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders. •
• Assist in examining commercially available and forthcoming industry technologies related to area of expertise.
• Research on current and upcoming technologies and application appropriate frameworks and provide recommendations to Management.
• Perform PoCs (Proof of Concept) and help Department in the selection of Technology.
• Proactively create and maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Create detailed cost and time estimates for implementing business solutions, define technical scope and requirements of the project and assist project manager with managing scope during the lifecycle of the project.
• Identify Quality methodology and define Quality Metrics for the Team.
• Assist in vendor selection and RFI/RFP process.
• Lead Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department.
• Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the agile process including Requirements Review, Architecture Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Mentor, coach and assist project team members.
• Provide Brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and frameworks.
• Provide technical training to the team.
• Assist with selection of technical resources for the projects.
• Ensure compliance of Audit Requirements by proactively educating team on Compliance Requirements and Integrating Compliance Requirements in SDLC.
• Passion for analytical / quantitative problem solving
• Motivation, creativity, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
All About You:
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Previous experience in related field, including experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required. Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Skills/ Abilities:
• Ability to be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Experience solving complex engineering problems and making design / implementation tradeoffs
• Expert in modular design using and creating single-responsibility services and APIs
• Expert in object-oriented design programming (e.g. C#)
• Experienced with database design and implementation of production database code (e.g. SQL Server)
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.