O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 272 days ago
• Would you describe yourself as an all-star developer with a desire to help people?
• Are you excited at the prospect of thwarting credit card fraudsters across the globe?
• Would you like to help develop industry leading software for fighting fraud?
The Digital and Security Technology team develops new capabilities for Mastercard's fraud prevention platform. These systems provide business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Mastercard’s patented counter-fraud application suite processes billions of transactions per month with average processing times of just tens of milliseconds. The Consultant, Software Engineer will assist in developing new platform functionality for this high-speed, high-volume transaction processing system, as well as, web applications and services for managing fraud solutions and fraud events.
• Ability to quickly learn technologies and interface with external and internal resources, working as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Comfortable assigning tasks using team-oriented considerations and project-focused prioritization to maximize efficiencies and grow co-worker knowledge.
• Provide technical oversight for software projects and contribute to the development and delivery of software solutions including design documents and proof of concepts.
• Offer technical leadership to ensure delivery of software capabilities with a high level of innovation, quality, and efficiency.
• Perform code reviews of co-worker’s deliverables to ensure correct coding principals are adhered to in order to prevent error conditions from being introduced.
• Follow and promote quality assurance processes while actively looking for opportunities to enhance standards.
• Provide technical guidance and training to the other team members.
All About You
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
• Expert communication skills – both verbal and written – and excellent relationship, collaborative, and organizational skills.
• Expert capabilities in Java application development, design patterns, unit testing, SOAP, REST, and web services.
• Expert level of experience employing agile development strategies including Scrum, storyboarding, code reviews, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
• Proven track-record delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector ispreferred.