Consultant, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Software EngineeringOverview
This position is for a member of the MPTS (MasterCard Payments Transactions Services) Card Management development team focusing on processing solutions for Mastercard.
The Hogan CAMS application, a vendor product, is the card management and processing platform engine for MPTS. CAMS runs in the High-Availability (HA) Mainframe environment (SysPlex) and processes all aspects of customer, account and card processing including setup and maintenance, plastic embossing, product configuration, prepaid authorizations, etc. for MasterCard PTS customers.
Are you ready to lead software engineering projects and be part of the development and delivery of enhanced software solutions?
Are you ready to embrace Agile/SAFe methodologies and be part of a team consisting of individuals with specialized skills?
Are you ready to work in a global organization with teams across multiple geographic locations and time zones?
• Provide support for the Hogan suite of product that include CAMS, CIS (Customer Information System), ODS (Online Delivery System), Platform Automation System (PAS) and Hogan Systems Integrator (HSI).
• Support the ACI Hostink software and monitor Authorization traffic from the ACI Base24 application to CAMS (Card and Merchant Systems).
• Provide collaborative support of the CAMS application with the MasterCard Mainframe Technical Support team for IBM Mainframe infrastructure components such as z/OS, CICS, DB2, MQ, as well third party vendor products such as ACF2, Endevor, File-Aid, etc.
• Work with monitoring tools like DynaTrace and Xpediter to trace and analyze call chains.
• Automate application monitoring and help troubleshoot issues within the applications and other mainframe subsystems.
• Coordinate and monitor performance testing activities.
• Collect and analyze CICS, web traffic, and authorization data to determine volume, TPS, and other stats.
• Actively engage in all phases of a Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process to take a concept to solution for PTS/CAMS assigned projects.
• Serve as the primary consultant to other MasterCard/PTS teams for CAMS infrastructure projects, disaster recovery, performance metrics, mainframe capacity planning events, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Finance Industry experience working with Credit / Debit / Prepaid cards and in-depth knowledge of payments processing including Single/Dual Message, ISO Messaging, Authorizations, Settlement, Chargebacks and EMV Chip Cards.
• Previous experience with large card issuers or processors, especially using Hogan suite of products.
• Extensive IBM z/OS (MVS) application programming experience in CICS / DB2.
• Experience with multiple coding languages like MVS COBOL, Assembler, REXX, and JAVA.
• Extensive experience with JCL, TSO, ISPF.
• Experience with tools like Fileaid, Abendaid, QMF, Mainview, Strobe, Syncsort, GFT, and Connect Direct.
• Familiarity with defect tracking tools like GSM/JIRA.
• Must have good organizational and analytical skills, and be able to interact with all levels of management.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to produce high-quality project deliverables.
Other desirable skills
• Agile/SAFe experience.
• Experience in Java and WebSphere Application Server, with Eclipse and Soap UI is a plus
• Experience with source manager like Endevor.
• Working Knowledge of MQ Series and CTG (CICS Transaction Gateway)