Consultant, Software Engineering - NuData
Mastercard’s Enterprise Security Solutions organization develops and delivers world-class security products and services for customers across the globe. NuData Security predicts fraudulent transactions by identifying good users from bad, based on their online behavior. By analyzing over 38 billion behaviors annually, NuData harnesses the power of behavioral and biometric analysis to empower its clients to predict fraud and verify the user behind the device. This allows clients to predict fraud before a critical decision, reduce customer insult, and investigate bad actors efficiently.
We are looking for a Product Developer to join our team in our Vancouver office.
• Are you happiest when you’re taking all the pieces and making them work together without a hitch with rock-solid code?
• Would you like to build across the full-range of functionality of our core product as well get opportunities to do technical design and architecture?
• Do you want to help some of the biggest technology companies with their security challenges and stopping hackers in their tracks?
• Design and develop applications, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions, perform vendor-related activities, and create documentation such as user guides and software development guides
• As a developer, you will manage your own time when accomplishing project goals and are encouraged to grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences and talks. Leadership is technical, meetings are short.
All About You
• Demonstrated software development experience in a professional development setting;
• PHP experience, or experience with at least one object-oriented language (Java, C#, C++, Python, Scala) and some prior experience with PHP;
• Knowledge of testing frameworks and source control systems;
• Experience working with cloud-based server environments;
• Bachelors of Computer Science, equivalent degree or equivalent work experience.
Helpful to have:
• Experience with Java or Python;
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Redis or Other)
• An interest in fraud detection and security.