Consultant, Software Engineering (Java, Hadoop)Job Overview:
• The Mastercard Offers application development team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint / Iteration.
• The candidate will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Design application solutions adhering to MasterCard standards, processes and best practices. Develop, customize, and test applications to integrate to MasterCard’s specifications. Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members.
• Are you interested in being a part of an energetic highly successful team
• Are you motivated to be a part of fast-paced environment
• Have you led a team with diverse skills and experience
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Conduct brownbag sessions on new and upcoming technologies, methodologies and application appropriate frameworks. Provide technical training to the other team members.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with MasterCard standards.
• Experience working on Java applications, excellent grasp of the language and Object Oriented concepts
• Spring, Hibernate – Extensive experience preferred
• Proven ability to write production class Map/Reduce java code and Map/Reduce streaming python code
• Experience migrating legacy java code to Map/Reduce paradigm – good to have
• Proven ability with high performance batch data processing, high volume data pipeline and high availability queuing systems
• Solid grasp on relational database modeling and design (Oracle, Postgres)
• Building scalable, high-performance, reliable, highly available and large distributed systems with a high degree of autonomy
• Break down and solve complex problems by creating practical, maintainable, and scalable solutions.
• Proficient oral and written communication skills