Consultant, Software Engineering ( Java / AP I)
• Mastercard is in search of a talented and experienced Java Software Developer to join its API platform modernization team.
• In this role, you will be a key member of a highly agile team of engineers, responsible for delivery of enhancements and new features to the Mastercard Developer Zone platform and API gateway services.
• Are you a talented Java Developer with a passion for technology development, collaboration, and innovation?
• Do you love coding, enjoy fast-paced / dynamic environments, and possess a strong sense of ownership / desire to succeed?
• If so, please continue reading!
• Strong Java Developer with a keen focus on delivering clean / well-designed code. Core Java / J2EE back-end development experience required.
• Continuously discover and evaluate new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
• Working experience using web services and API's built on SOAP or REST and using XML or JSON.
• Experience in API’s and API Wrappers.
• Strong Communicator with excellent written skills.
• Commitment to SAFe / Agile processes for project development and QA to ensure that work is unit tested, completely satisfies the ask, and is delivered on time.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of standards, emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices.
Key Technology Areas:
• Backend (Java / J2EE, Spring, API design).
• Database (Postgres, Oracle).
• Core and Server-Side Java Concepts.
• SOAP & REST Web Service Implementations.
• Java & Web Application Servers (JBoss, Websphere, Apache, etc.).
• Java Performance Tuning & Troubleshooting Tool Stacks.
• Open Source Java Frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Maven, etc.
• DB Design, DDL, and DML creation.
• Java Operations Stack Tools: Wiley, Splunk, Dynatrace, etc.
• Possess experience with the ReactJS framework for UI / UX development (Desirable).