O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 245 days ago
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant Software Engineer (Full Stack Cloud Native Engineer)JOB OVERVIEW
• The Applications Development Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to turn Product Backlog items into a potentially shippable increment within the Sprint / Iteration.
• Team members may be developers, testers, analysts, architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Suitable for a highly skilled Technical Leads with Agile/Scrum experience to work with a team of very experienced developers on some enterprise global application projects
• Responsible for the creation of a software product as per the definition in the product backlog
• Do you have what it takes to provide technical leadership for a Scrum team, including coaching and mentoring?
• Have you got the skills to be recognized as a senior developer in a Scrum team?
Essential responsibilities of the position:
• Work closely with Solution Architect in designing applications, based on TDD (Test Driven Development)
• Lead the Scrum Team on new technology adoption / processes. Coach and mentor other developers
• Undertake code reviews of the development team
• Work on POC and bring knowledge to the team. Provide advice and support to other team members
• Estimate the size of backlog items that they are responsible for delivering.
• Translate backlog items into engineering design and logical units of work (tasks)
• Evaluate technical feasibility
• Write technical User Stories for backlog
• Implement sprint backlog items
• Write unit tests/functional tests/integration tests as per the definition of done for the Scrum team.
• Write and verify code which adheres to the acceptance criteria
• Application of product development best practices as per industry standards
• Support UAT – resolving issues as per business priority
• Post Implementation Support and production support
• Undertake regular "brown bag" presentations
• Ensure we move towards common technical goal
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Web services & API standards (REST/OAuth/JSON)
• Programming & Scripting Languages (Java, C++, Scala, JS, Python, Shell*)
• Application Frameworks (springboot, node.js, vert.x)
• Web application frameworks (AngularJS, Flask, Spring)
• Software Architectures (mico-services, event driven, peer-to-peer)
• Application Security
• Asynchronous Pub-Sub and Point to Point Messaging Systems
• Analytical and Problem-solving
• Ability to operate effectively independently
• Technical Communication (Written and Oral)
Other Experience Desired:
Postgres, pgAdmin, Spring Batch, Apache Kafka, IntelliJ
Equal Opportunity Employer