Consultant, Software Engineer ( Digital Native Architect / Tech Lead )
• The Helix Application Architecture Team is a dedicated collection of self-organizing, high performing, interdependent, co-located individuals representing different functional roles with all the necessary skills to create the foundational capabilities that application teams develop on top of it. This team leads with mission to provide overall stewardship of enterprise grade application architecture & design within the context of holistic software development. This includes driving the architecture & design decisions and building consensus around it. The team leads the exploration in software architecture & technology innovations along with enabling excellence in overall team.
• Team members may be developers, UI designers, testers, analysts, Big data Engineers & architects. The team is cross-functional, which means that between all its members they possess sufficient skills to do the work. There is no dictated leadership hierarchy within the team members.
• Technical Consultant at MasterCard is a technology leader within the organization and spearheads the system architecture, design and creating the implementations. He or she participates in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, R&D, Proof of Concepts, Prototyping, Code review etc. He or she may also be required to administer training throughout various phases of the development cycle. Additionally, He or she influences the development practices so that they are in compliance with best practices, policies and procedures.
• Do you have what it takes to provide technical leadership for a Scrum team, including coaching and mentoring?
• Have you got the skills to be recognised as a Lead Engineer in a Scrum team?
Essential responsibilities of the position:
• Architecture and design of software solutions including
• Technical solution & application architecture & design
• Development, review & ownership of architecture & design artifacts (SAD, API Specification etc.)
• Actively find ways (new technologies, tools, frameworks) to improve software solutions
• Work with Product Management and Engineering to translate product use cases and requirements to industry-leading design, architecture and implementations. Set architectural direction by grooming and prioritizing architectural stories related to baselining software stack, realization of non-functional requirement etc. and critical domain stories. Influence the product owner to balance the business and technical priorities and the value of the architecture work.
• Execute and own the baseline architecture implementations and design activities collaborating with Sr. Engineer & Engineering Team.
• Regularly communicate with management about risk analysis and design tradeoffs.
• Work on Pre SDLC or Discovery activities owning and contributing to assigned activities related to technical feasibility & assessment, providing responses.
• Strong communication skills, with an ability to express and design ideas to a development team
• Participate & contribute in Product kick off sessions & Requirement workshops for Direction and course correction w.r.t. domain based solutions, technology feasibility, competence requirements, resources requirements
• Perform knowledge sharing and coaching, mentoring by
• Tech Talks & Presentation session on specific topics of expertise
• Technical writing and publishing - Articles, Blogs, References
• Participate & contribute in talent acquisition and recruitment activities as follows:
• Collaborate with hiring team to outline and execute strategy for recruiting technical folks
• Records, reviews and provides inputs on Skill requirements
• Takes up interview sessions for candidate positions including Technology consultants & Sr. Engineers (Level 2 if needed).
• Provide guidance to teams on processes such as Agile, Lean, etc.
• Provide guidance to teams on development standards, automation and tools
• Understanding of cloud eco system is must and have done hands on implementations on creating web applications for internal or external cloud.
All About You
• Software development, design & architecture experience in enterprise grade software solutions.
• Hands on experience required and will be part of the day to day activities
• Detailed experience at designing enterprise grade distributed and reactive systems that involve
o Software Architecture and Design Principles, Patterns, Methodology, Domain Concepts ( Architecture and Design Skills )
? GOF, Java EE Blueprints, Software Architecture Patterns
? Design Principles including SOLID, YAGNI, DRY and others.
? Security Patterns
o Combination of more than one technology platform including
? Micro services Architecture working experience
? Experience with modern web, distributed, event driven Architecture
? Java and Java EE platforms including Spring framework & components, Hibernate, Messaging, Node JS or Express JS or similar, Web & Application Server ( Server App Design & Technology Skills ), Web Services, SOAP, WS-Security, REST ( Services Design & Technology Skills )
o Application Security including Information security principles & realization, web app security, OWASP & PCI DSS Compliance ( Security Design & Technology Skills )
• Experience designing solutions for large scale deployments including large enterprises or service providers, banking or payment solutions
• Good understanding & experience with software development processes such as Scrum, SAFe, Extreme Programming and/or Lean etc.
• Experience working with multiple global customers
• Strong inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment with cross-functional teams and select third parties
• A deep understanding of technical solution and software patterns (including architectural & design patterns) at various levels.
• Solid experience of working in project teams
• Desire to stay abreast of new development tools and methods
• Bachelor Engineering or Technology in Computer Science, Engineering or IT Required & Master’s degree in related discipline Preferred