• Plan and manage medium to large sized projects of moderate to high complexity while ensuring project results contribute positive business value and meet agreed on scope, cost, schedule and quality objectives.
• Primary support of Mastercard’s software development efforts which include mission-critical high volume transaction processing
• Are you interested in helping to build solutions that help recognize and prevent payment fraud?
• Have you ever worked on a highly scalable Decision Management platform?
• Do you consider yourself to be capable of bridging the gap between technology and business?
• Oversee various projects of a moderate complexity nature or has project accountability only at the departmental or divisional level. Responsible for planning, developing, and executing projects to meet business needs.
• Understand the systems scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively lead the project team and ensure that business needs are met.
• Identify and mitigate project risks and issues.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff and key stakeholders throughout the life cycle of the project.
• Regularly communicate to senior management or the Project Manager regarding the status of specific project deliverables.
• Identifies key barriers to a projects or departments success and actively manages all mitigation activities.
• Prioritize and provide input into cross application/system enhancements, new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
• Effectively deal with and develop solutions to moderately difficult problems.
• Provide technical support to Business Owners during implementation of new products/services.
• Determine development impacts to current processing and work with programmers and users to ensure accuracy of enhancements.
• Coordinate offshore administrators.
• Document and coordinate audit controls and PCI requirements.
All About You
• Broad knowledge in the areas of strategy, planning and project management required processes and techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of project planning techniques and automated project planning tools.
• Extensive knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods.
• Experience working with technical applications and/or information systems, or equivalent.
• Knowledge of MasterCard and the payments industry preferred.
• Strong project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Strong planning, organizational and leadership skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
• Strong meeting facilitation and negotiation skills
• Strong business judgment
• Strong analytical/problem solving and planning skills
• Ability to direct the work of others
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to operate a computer and related software
• Demonstrate a high level of initiative and accountability