R/GA New York is seeking Strategists to serve as innovation consultants on our Consulting team.
R/GA’s Consulting practice is entrusted with a seat at the executive table of large CPG, Retail, Technology, Financial Services and Hospitality clients based on our ability to understand critical parts of corporate strategy, but then be creatively minded and action oriented enough to bring the transformative ideas discussed into the real world.
Consultants are the lynchpins of our project teams. In these roles, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams (analysts, experience designers and creatives) to uncover whitespace opportunities. You will be responsible for discrete deliverables and contribute to their assembly into actionable strategies to help transform our clients’ businesses.
We expect our Consultants to have curious, creative minds, that are coupled with keen commercial expertise. You create aspirational big ideas and actionable strategies. Your goal will not be to just solve our client’s problem, but to challenge ourselves to transform their entire category.
On any given day:
- Design and conduct consumer research (primary and secondary) to understand how technology influences behavior.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews with mid-to-senior level clients and synthesize them into useful insights about our client’s situation.
- Perform competitive, landscape and market analyses to understand how businesses and industries are changing in response to technology and consumer trends.
- Help quantify opportunities, both internally and with clients, understanding what constitutes a big idea or a small one, what could transform a product or a category, and what is right for the challenge at hand.
- Contribute to whitespace opportunities and deliver innovative solutions for R/GA’s Business Transformation clients.
- Genuinely listen to clients and consumers, and demonstrate optimism by uncovering unique solutions to their business and real-life challenges.
- Continuously learn about disruptive industries, consumer interests, and business trends.
- Provide thought leadership to our clients in addition to the internal Business Transformation and R/GA teams, and contribute to R/GA’s POV on and approach to innovation consulting.
- 5+ years of experience in innovation consulting, startups or product management.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; MBA Strongly preferred
- Business sense and commercial expertise, with a curious and creative mind.
- Ability/desire to manage junior team members.
- Tangible case studies of innovation you helped launch on behalf of large clients
- Exceptional listening skills, with an ability to ask the right questions and uncover hidden insights.
- Analyze and unpack business modelmechanics, seeking relevant innovations that large corporate clients are uniquely qualified to deliver
- Optimism, and an inventive and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to collaborate with people from very different functional backgrounds