Consultant, Quality Engineering ( Fraud Insights )
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Quality Engineering (Fraud Insights)Job Description Summary
Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction.
• Unlike similar quality leadership roles in other organizations, this position needs deep understanding of software development , architecture, and performance engineering to help drive quality early in the life cycle of a product development. In addition, experience in payment processing/domain is highly desirable.
• This position will be responsible for driving adoption of Quality Engineering services (Code quality, Testing Services, Performance Engineering, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration) .
• Position requires an extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks. This position leads the quality deliverables for products, and release quality activities.
• Interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
• Drive quality engineering, exploratory testing, and test automation covering all key practice areas including mobile, web, and API testing.
• This position delivers all agile testing principles - Define, create and run tests as part of agile scrum team
• Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) amongst various delivery teams.
• Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans.
• Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience.
• Foster strategic thinking and continuous learning to help MasterCard continue to lead as a technology company providing differentiating high-quality products and services to enable global commerce.
All About You
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
• Experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations to business and technology audiences.
• Experience mentoring and developing resources in a high performance culture.
• Demonstrated success in leading a small to large-scale software development, testing, and performance across multiple groups.
• Sound knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, Rest Assured, Appium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
• Good knowledge of payments domain message flows, architecture, common design patterns, ISO message protocols, simulation/emulation tools highly desirable.
• Expertise in agile and waterfall delivery, life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally/Rational Concert), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Experience with performance engineering and profiling (e.g. Java JVM, Databases) and tools such as Load Runner, JMeter. Exposure to Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to Cloud, Infrastructure-as-a-code concept, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
• Expertise with cross browser and cross device testing strategies (e.g. In the Wild testing) and automation via device clouds (Perfecto, Device Anywhere, Testdroid, etc)