Consultant, Quality Engineering ( Dispute Products )
Job Description Summary
Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction.
• Unlike similar quality leadership roles in other organizations, this position needs deep understanding of software development , architecture, and performance engineering to help drive quality early in the life cycle of a product development. In addition, experience in payment processing/domain is highly desirable.
• This position will be responsible for driving adoption of Quality Engineering services (Code quality, Testing Services, Performance Engineering, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration) .
• Position requires an extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks. This position leads the quality deliverables for products, and release quality activities.
• Interacts with technology staff including Quality Engineers, Operations, Developers, Devops Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
• Drive quality engineering, exploratory testing, and test automation covering all key practice areas including mobile, web, and API testing.
• This position delivers all agile testing principles - Define, create and run tests as part of agile scrum team
• Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) amongst various delivery teams.
• Ensure that staff has skills and behaviors to perform tasks fully through effective communication of goals, objectives, performance and as necessary improvement plans.
• Understand end-customer needs and associated value chain to drive processes and practices to ensure flawless customer experience.
• Foster strategic thinking and continuous learning to help MasterCard continue to lead as a technology company providing differentiating high-quality products and services to enable global commerce.
All About You
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience with exposure to management theories and concepts.
• Experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations to business and technology audiences.
• Experience mentoring and developing resources in a high performance culture.
• Demonstrated success in leading a small to large-scale software development, testing, and performance across multiple groups.
• Sound knowledge of Java, Spring, JUnit, Eclipse IDE, Rest Assured, Appium, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
• Good knowledge of payments domain message flows, architecture, common design patterns, ISO message protocols, simulation/emulation tools highly desirable.
• Expertise in agile and waterfall delivery, life-cycle management tools (JIRA/Rally/Rational Concert), software testing standards, methods and conventions.
• Experience with performance engineering and profiling (e.g. Java JVM, Databases) and tools such as Load Runner, JMeter. Exposure to Application performance monitoring tools such as Dynatrace and Splunk desirable.
• Exposure to Cloud, Infrastructure-as-a-code concept, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
• Expertise with cross browser and cross device testing strategies (e.g. In the Wild testing) and automation via device clouds (Perfecto, Device Anywhere, Testdroid, etc)