Support the ongoing and future work of the Early Childhood (EC) Center of Excellence with assigned short-term and long-term tasks on a variety of consulting and operational projects. Travel to client sites for meetings, observations, focus groups, and data collection. Expected to complete a wide range of work assignments that may include data collection, quantitative analysis, report design, report drafting, and preparation of various materials for client presentations. Work with a diverse set of public sector human service and education agencies, including but not limited to the following: state/local departments of early childhood, early intervention, and family support services.
• Provide subject matter expertise and thought leadership across the field of EC both externally to clients as well as internally across the EC team.
• Provide assistance in managing complex projects and/or producing sophisticated deliverables.
• Assist with the implementation of major project phases or tasks.
• Lead clients through implementation and training processes.
• Support project implementations through informational briefings, trainings, communications management, and other post implementation support activities.
• Prepare materials for training seminars and workshops.
• Conduct program and system analysis of human services operations, including child care licensure, early education, home visitation, early intervention, and other child and family support services.
• Facilitate various client meetings and project status meetings.
• Prepare and present parts of written status reports for clients (in MS Word or MS PowerPoint).
• Develop competency in federal and state policy
• Participate on proposal writing teams, including writing and coordinating submissions.
• Collect, enter, analyze, and report on project related data.
• Conduct presentations and oral briefings to state clients at all levels.
• Serve as a key contact for ongoing communications with clients, building and maintaining client relationships. Work with project managers to develop new business opportunities.
• Ensure project quality and compliance with all related regulations.
• Other responsibilities as necessary.
• Subject Matter Expertise and Experience in the field of Early Childhood Education.
• Commitment to exceptional client service and confidently lead.
• Creative problem-solving ability and consultancy mindset.
• Dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented by clients and management.
• Ability to interact with various levels of management and with clients.
• Ability to move multiple projects forward within a specific timeline and budget.
• Strong analytical and financial data analysis skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to work with large data sets with accurate results.
• Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes.
• Able to recognize issues and identify solutions.
• Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
• Travel to client sites required.
• An understanding of human services operations, technology and the complex array of government funding streams that support human services is preferred but not essential.
• Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required, Master's degree preferred.
• Research and project management experience preferred.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in the field of early childhood education or child and/or family supports/ services.
• Knowledge or experience with state and local government programs and services preferred.
Job ID 2018-3453