Summary of Role
As a Provider/Executive Compensation Consultant at Willis Towers Watson, you will work beside some of the industry’s top consultants while you develop cutting edge technical knowledge and skills. You will also have the opportunity to immediately become involved by being a Core team member and the project manager for our T&R Health Care and Tax-Exempt industry teams.
You will partner with consultants and clients to design and implement Provider (physician and Advanced Practice Clinicians) and Executive compensation and incentive program strategies to attract, reward and retain clinical and executive talent. You will work directly with managers and executive leadership of large firms to evaluate and develop compensation and reward strategies that facilitate achievement of business and human capital strategies. Through the Health Care and Tax-Exempt Industry teams, you will also help develop marketing materials and tools and methodologies to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our consulting processes.
- Deliver superior and consistent project management for multiple marquee clients
- Draft statements of work, project plans and budgets involving multiple workflow streams and client teams
- Serve as the day to day project lead, ensuring the progress of the team against established objectives, budget, timeline, deliverables and quality standards
- Serve as a contact to clients on delivery of services
- Manage client expectations and raise appropriate issues to Senior Consultants
- Develop diverse compensation structures, competitive base pay and incentive approaches that provide seamless delivery of global solutions for our clients
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, design and implementation of provider and executive compensation programs that include total rewards strategy, competitive bench-marking, annual and long-term incentive plan design, employment contract review, change-in-control agreements, overall competitive pay analysis and executive pay-for-performance alignment.
- Contribute to the development of new tools and approaches in Provider compensation
- Continue to develop technical knowledge and skills in the areas of Provider and Executive Compensation, particularly in the Health Care Industry
- Meet billable hour goals as described by manager
- Directly contribute to clients’ success through applying your technical expertise
- Contribute to sales and marketing efforts by supplying information for proposals
- Support the generation of new business as part of the broader team and also through the Health Care and Tax-Exempt industry team efforts.
- Build relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams to maximize ways to help our clients.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- A minimum of 5 years of compensation experience (including provider compensation experience) and a genuine interest in this field
- Experience designing provider compensation programs
- Creative, analytical and results-driven orientation, demonstrated through the ability to draw conclusions, themes, and trends from data analysis and communicate results effectively
- Proven experience successfully managing multiple, multi-faceted projects and producing quality deliverables on time and within budget
- An executive presence with polished and well developed communication skills
- Experience making presentations to management
- Proven ability to “sell” ideas and concepts to colleagues and upper management
- Self-starter attitude and ability to work within ambiguity
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Enjoys training/mentoring junior staff
- Working knowledge of Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
- An undergraduate degree is required; an advanced degree and professional certifications are highly desirable.