O Fallon, MO
5 - 7 years
Posted 242 days ago
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Consultant, Project ManagerGeneral Purpose
The primary responsibility of this role is to align the many technology initiatives across their domain, ensuring that there is a well defined, articulated, and communicated end state for the platforms currently being reengineered and integrated. This role enables the consistent high quality delivery of scalable, maintainable and agile loyalty solutions by composing, maintaining and executing a technology strategy that addresses business needs while leveraging the unique competitive advantages that our architecture offers. In this capacity, the individual may be called on to directly manage strategic initiatives as both a Business Architect defining the requirements, solution blueprint and design, as well as the overall program manager guiding the disparate delivery teams internally and externally.
Create, maintain, update and communicate their area of responsibility a consolidated technology blueprint and roadmap aligned to enterprise.
• In conjunction with senior management within MCT, define and maintain a technology roadmap and systems blueprint for Cardholder Solutions that supports current and future product initiatives with a focus on enterprise integration.
• Work closely with Product Managers to align business needs with technical delivery, leading the technical design decisions for architecturally significant and business imperative systems.
• Determine which capabilities to in-source, partner or procure.
• Define technical SLAs, including measure and reporting models, to ensure quality in service delivery from outside providers.
• Analyze existing systems, internally and externally, in conjunction with MCT and external consultants, to identify opportunities for investment that will improve our service delivery capabilities. Leverage modern enterprise design patterns to provide detailed technical guidance on how to improve those systems and processes.
• Evaluate the technical capabilities of third party vendors to determine if they are a good fit to provide service and ensure they are scalable, flexible, functional and compliant.
• Define the series of interim steps, collected from individual activities on CS and Enterprise Architecture projects, which demonstrates how we achieve the technology vision and forms the basis of the plan.
• Present, communicate, socialize and gain consensus on the roadmap and the implementation plan.
• Review and research emerging trends and technology innovations, that impact or could enhance our plans or product offerings.
• Identify, develop and plan for new internal initiatives that reduce cost or otherwise increase efficiencies in the organization. Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to determine what investments to promote to enterprise services. Define and communicate the governance model for those services in conjunction with that team.
Oversee and manage all aspects of key strategic infrastructure projects including replatforming activities associated with existing services and integrating existing services to create new products. Responsibilities include:
• Leveraging Agile methodologies, supervises the delivery of projects within his or her portfolio, insuring performance to budget and timeline, taking corrective action as required.
• Assembles workstreams, identifies needed resources, assigns responsibilities and develops timeframes to facilitate successful completion of project activities and deliverables.
• Create key business and technology requirements for systems under construction, which ensure conformance to business and technology strategy. Work in conjunction with the build teams to provide additional detail and refine those requirements.
• Draft service level agreements and other aspects of internal and external service contracts to enable enterprise reuse at more than the technology level.
• Reviews project plans and other key deliverables to ensure consistency, accuracy, quality and timeliness.
• Ensures appropriate quality assurance processes are present, updated and executed.
• Innovates in regards to emerging technologies and tools that can positively impact our ability to deliver project based work.
• Develops, maintains, publishes and provides training on all process artifacts involving Cardholder Solutions resource. Develop, communicate, institutionalize and enforce regional project implementation processes and tools for product, infrastructure and issuer projects.
• Train, mentor and implement agile processes across build teams in the associated domain.
• Defines, communicates and enforces standards and consistency throughout the process development process.
• Working with organizational peers, defines the priority of process improvement activities focusing on the areas with the greatest risk.
• Using established methodologies such as PMI, ITIL, CMMi and Six Sigma, provides guidance and best practices regarding the format, contents, for process reengineering efforts.
• Use communication and relationship management skills to build teams, mobilize them towards a common objective and influence stakeholders to ensure their continued support.
• Lead and participate in development of business strategies and plans within their domain.
• Participate in planning, forecasting, and budgeting efforts
• Coaches and mentors project management and application development resources on technical skills, methodologies, patterns and practices.
? Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred
? Detailed understanding of information technology and architectural concepts on an enterprise scale
? Proven experience dealing with large diverse groups on complex projects
? Successful implementation of major revisions to legacy enterprise systems
? Ability to work in fast-paced and dynamic environment
? Significant experience (5-10 years) in Enterprise Architecture and one or more of the following areas and/or functions:
? Payments Industry
? Consumer Loyalty
? Financial Services
? Information Technology
Functional Skills Required
Technical Management Expertise – Skills and abilities necessary to management multiple technical platforms and the resources than enhance and support those systems.