As the Consultant, Project Management you will consult and analyze and deliver on more complex, cross-functional initiatives delivered in the Annity IT PMO tower. You will oversee all aspects of various initiatives through planning and execution, including planning and managing the schedule, scope & budget, ensuring all resources are aligned according to plan, effectively communicating with stakeholders, assessing and managing change control to eliminate project impacts, proactively managing and addressing all risks, issues and dependencies as well as monitoring and controlling the project with the right level of visibility and transparency.
- Manages medium to large projects conforming to Lincoln Financial project management standards and processes, including change control and project management methodology.
- Defines, monitors, executes, and controls various sized projects through the system and project development lifecycle.
- Execute initiatives with an agile mindset in order to support a fast-paced application development environment while adhering to Agile and LFG’s Adaptive Framework principles.
- Facilitates the procurement of needed hardware, software and human resources for the project (as necessary).
- Work with project owners and key stakeholders to execute projects with a customer-driven and quality mindset that drives out business value and achieves expected project results.
- Attends training to grow skills and acquire or maintain PMP designation.
- Executes effective project management, including but not limited to: project planning, resource planning, change management and communications planning, managing changes to the project scope, and ensures that the project plan is accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Practices and promotes Lincolns specialized Agile/Scrum delivery methodology, as applicable.
- Ensure Scrum theory, practices, and rules are understood and enacted as applicable.
- Ability to manage projects with an agile mindset to ensure successful delivery of waterfall initiatives with agile delivery components.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects
- Collaborates with project owners and appropriate stakeholders to manage project quality.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: making suggestions for improvement and learning new skills, procedures and processes.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Ability to perform with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree or 4+ years of equivalent work experience
- PMP designation is preferred
- 3-5+ Years Project Management experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
- Ability to work with all levels of management to gain information and insure the success of a project.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and Traditional project management principles, practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Political awareness in knowing who to reach out to for assistance on a project.
- Strong general business acumen, preferably in the Financial Services space.
- Competent in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to keep SharePoint up to date with information appropriate to the project.
- Judgment to determine what tools and documentation are necessary and appropriate for different types of projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders, exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience and confidence doing presentations to senior management, facilitate meetings, work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Self-directed with demonstrated leadership abilities and strong organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time consisting of IT, vendors and/or multiple departments.
- Ability to identify next steps in the project lifecycle of any project and form purpose out of uncertainty.
- Ability to identify, communicate, and mitigate risks, and work with diverse stakeholders.