The Consultant Professional Services is experienced with the implementation of Pyxis Technologies at the small to medium Hospital level. This involves customer interaction and relationship development at the Pharmacy/Stakeholder level.
In addition, the Consultant guides the implementation process through demonstrated expertise of clinical and technical processes of Medication Dispensing Systems.
Projects range in scope from small to medium hospital level implementations requiring standardization for Dispensing products. The effective Consultant must be able to clearly communicate, thoroughly document and demonstrate Dispensing product implementation competency.
This also involves working with the customer (with focus on small to medium hospital systems customers) by gathering customer requirements, defining best practices, design decisions and policy and procedures consulting.
The Consultant effectively performs the required tasks to ensure timely Go-Lives and customer satisfaction. The Consultant must have the ability to establish collaborative working relationships with cross-functional project teams.
Project teams will include multiple disciplines from within Dispensing Systems and customer teams. The Consultant is a mentor for both customers and internal team members.
**Home-based position with 60-80% regional overnight travel. Candidates must live within 45 minutes to a major airport.**
Specific Duties, Activities and Responsibilities
Technical - 70% - Large Hospital/IDN level requirement definition, workflow design, policy/procedure definition, education, etc.
Project Management - 5% - Meetings, planning, communication, documentation
Mentoring - 20%
Administrative activity - 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Facilitation of conference calls and customer meetings primarily for large hospital systems and small/medium IDN’s for BD product implementations.
- Establish rapport with customers that is conducive to a long term business relationships.
- Provide team support and product information on BD Medication Systems products as assigned by manager. Mentors team members to ensure product and process competency.
- Must be able to manage complex customer teams, gain consensus within teams and deliver concise and consistent communication.
- Guides the review of customer site assessment and facilitates project design and implementation of BD Medication Systems products and technologies.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of large hospital/IDN level pharmacy/clinical workflow processes, hospital formulary build, hospital & pharmacy system integration, clinical device settings, interface validation (ADT, billing, patient profile), user account role design, active directory.
- Complete pharmacy and clinical pre-implementation assessments and future state design.
- Ability to interact and guide diverse cross-functional teams with a focus on large hospital and IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrate expertise of established BD Medical Systems Dispensing product implementation methodologies and tools or equivalent industry standards.
- Must be detail oriented, able to multi-task and the ability to implement complex multi-site projects consistent with established company and customer objectives.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and ability to aid customers in improving current business/practice operations including standardization across large hospital and IDN level health systems.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving, troubleshooting and system consultation as it relates to pharmacy workflow and best practice considerations and health system standardization.
- Install and support BD Medical Systems Dispensing software.
- Mentor team members on products, best practices and customer education.
- Expected to act as a customer support resource when necessary.
- Expert with BD Medication Systems Dispensing products.
- Coordinate client resources and assign project tasks.
- Ability to actively lead projects when required.
- Timely completion of internal company documentation.
- Timely completion of project documentation.
- Determines own work priorities.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the flexibility to readily adapt to change.
- Home-based position with 60-80% regional overnight travel. Position requires flexible working hours, including some nights and weekends. Ability to work independently from home office.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
Education or Equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred or equivalent education and work experience.
Experience or Equivalent:
- Expertise in Hospital Information System/Pharmacy Information System (HIS/PIS) and pharmacy and nursing workflow.
- Eight or more years in healthcare environment with technical (systems) involvement and computerized system applications.
- Dispensing software technologyexperience a plus.
- Must have a working knowledge of a variety of software applications, including BD Medication Systems products and exposure to solution design processes.
- Experience with integrated delivery networks/large health systems required.
Job ID R-23331