The consulting side of the Digital Grid Unit; (Siemens PTI) is seeking an experienced professional with a proven track record who will be responsible for implementation and delivery of leading edge power market analytics and engineering. This position will drive regional business unit growth in order to achieve corporate targets, and will be responsible for consulting projects and portfolio activities.
Typical projects include market analytics studies in the support of Integrated Resource Plan formulation, transmission expansion cost / benefit assessment (e.g. FERC 1000), revenue forecast and risk assessment (curtailment) of existing and new generation projects with emphasis on renewable generation, operational support for market participants with respect of price forecasts and congestion risks, among others.
This position requires great technical management and execution leadership, as well as admirable people skills, while balancing bottom line objectives.
This position is integral to the Siemens PTI team, and will require some level of travel, primarily in US. However, other international travel may be required, subject to regional client demands. Additional commitments will be Business Development support for existing and new client development in order to achieve corporate growth targets. The location for this position is in Houston, TX.
Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience in the use of the market analysis tool PROMOD®IV is required and experience with other tools like Aurora, PLEXOS, GridView and MAPS is desired. Transmission planning experience and use of transmission analysis tools (PSS®E) is highly desired for this position. . Knowledge of electric power generation facility types, capital costs and trends, operating costs, typical dispatch profiles, ancillary services and general power system operations are also important for the position, together with general business and financial calculation knowledge, including discounted cash flow analysis, net present value analysis, and internal rate of return evaluations.
This position is responsible for short, mid- to long-term production cost modeling using PROMOD and other system tools, database updates and summarizing and analyzing PROMOD results. The position may require from time to time the use of PSS®E to conduct power system analysis in support of the market studies or other transmission planning activities of Siemens PTI. Additional responsibilities include develop tools and processes to improve market results and knowledge of the coal and natural gas price trends to efficiently interface with our price forecasting specialists. Maintain expertise and up-to-date information on regional power markets including ERCOT, WECC, MISO, PJM, NYISO, SPP, and ISO-NE
• Project execution responsibility of Power Market analysis engagements, as per annual business targets
• Independently manage fast-paced consulting projects ranging from assessments of new generating assets to large-scale research and policy studies, often under tight timelines and budgets
• Strong contributor and often lead our team of market analysts in modeling nodal power markets and the risks of curtailment and congestion
• Build cost-benefits models of power systems
• Manage client engagements and proposal generation functions to deliver power market consulting services, as per Siemens PTI quality standards
• Maintain a 3 year business plan and drive new portfolio development for emerging power market services
• Mentor new consultants in the area of market modeling and simulation as well as quantitative analysis
• Support the Business Development team in formulating and executing winning strategies, including promoting consulting services
Other requirements and attributes:
• Strong people skills and engaging presentation and written communications skills
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Partnerfocused, proactive and effective within a team environment
• Demonstrated financial acumen from a profit and loss perspective
• 5 to 10 years of successful power markets engineering and/or consulting experience
• Demonstrated growth in power markets engineering and/or consulting leadership over career
• Proven track record of leadership performance
• 5 years of technical leadership experience within Energy Sector
Direction of Others:
This position is highly self-directed with a solid understanding of business processes and requirements. Receives instructions on assignments and will be expected to function independently. Potentially manages multiple project team members in specific projects/tasks.
Key Working Relationships:
Within function, domestic (possibly worldwide) interorganizational and external contacts.
Bachelors or advanced degree in related domain, with a combination of technical and business experience in the Energy Sector. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Active Member of IEEE or equivalent.
• Experience working within a large matrix organization.
Requisition Number: 218317