Omnicare, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of CVS Health Corporation. www.cvshealth.com
What We Do
Directly, and through our subsidiaries, Omnicare provides a broad array of pharmacy-related services to long term care facilities and to other customers in the healthcare environment. While senior care has long been an Omnicare specialty, we also serve other targeted populations.
Are you looking for a fast paced and dynamic environment? Do you have a passion for helping others?
As a Consultant Pharmacist, you have the exciting opportunity to collaborate with facility leaders and staff to coordinate pharmaceutical services within long term care facilities.You will have the opportunity to guide development and evaluation of pharmaceutical services procedures within the facility. You will assist the facility to identify, evaluate, and address/resolve pharmacy-related concerns and issues that affect resident care, medical care, quality of life, and/or regulatory compliance. This position will perform duties below by working in various long term care facilities.
· Ensure facilities remain compliant with federal regulations
· Clinical reviews as required by federal and state regulation
· Own issue resolution and communicate early warning signs of potential issues
· Drive adoption of Omnicare programs and service offerings
· Leverage existing customer relationships to promote and drive organic growth as well as new business
· Conduct Executive Reviews and other customer meetings as required
· Collaborate with Account Management, Sales, Operations and appropriate corporate functions to meet overall site goals and objectives
· Perform Medication Regimen Reviews (MRR), as required by regulation or contract for facility type, and provide written reports of these reviews to applicable facility staff preferably upon exit but within 3 business days after each month’s consulting has been completed;
· Spend an appropriate amount of time on each resident’s review as defined by their clinical needs;
· Use OSC 2 OR software on-site to generate MRR, including therapeutic interchange and Omnicare clinical program-related, recommendations and documents responses to previous recommendations;
· Utilize MDS 3.0 to identify specific residents needing targeted focus(es);
· Complete the “Quality Improvement: Consultant Pharmacist Summary Report” for all applicable facilities, and transmit this and the “Summary for Consultant Services” after each month’s consulting has been completed;
· Educate facility staff, including the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and Administrator when new programs are implemented and perform specific functions required of new programs conducted by Consultant Pharmacist
Massachusetts pharmacy license required
Previous experience as consultant pharmacist preferred but not required.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.