O Fallon, MO
Not Specified years
Posted 239 days ago
Looking for an advanced JEE Systems Performance Architect/Consultant with extensive experience and willing to take ownership for platform performance from the inception to delivery that will also help support performance for complex financial platforms while in production. This position is for someone with advanced technical knowledge who really likes to dig deep and uncover the smallest detail around performance issues.
Be a part of the central Performance Engineering team at Mastercard. The chosen candidate for this position will be an advanced Systems Performance Architect and someone that is fluent in JEE Software Architecture/Design/development to provide guidance/consultation/testing with respect to engineering Java software for performance to product delivery teams and aligning infrastructure configurations for best overall performance. They will provide guidance and testing services to architects, developers, operations personnel, network personnel, etc. with respect to helping teams design and develop high performing Java applications that operate with a predictable platform design with respect to capacity. This position will help lead performance discipline throughout software development lifecycle to analyze business requirements and customer preferences, and recommend best performance practices in working with various application delivery teams. They will share technical acumen with both DEV, operations and testing resources while they measure, test, and design, inspect, and be ultimately help drive delivery of high performing/high scalable JEE solutions at MasterCard using an agile methodology. This candidate will conduct both manual and automated performance testing, manage performance defects, and troubleshoot performance issues covering platform hardware analysis, scalability, and application profiling (JVM, Databases, etc). They will partner with operations teams and bridge the gap between understanding of software and infrastructure when it comes to knowledge around performance. The candidate will continue to find better and more efficient ways to help MasterCard assure quality and scale its platforms while meeting customer needs. They will continue to drive the Performance Engineering practice.
1. Production Performance Analysis and Tuning of JEE products/platforms.
2. Create Performance Test Plans for MasterCard products
3. Perform release and software patch performance testing of Financial JEE Product Suites
4. Perform JEE Code reviews/code profiling to assure code is adhering to best performance practices and assist with performance related problem resolutions.
5. Provide consultation/implementation instructions for tuning software for best performance and make sure the correct performance architecture and software design patterns are being followed.
6. Analyze NoSQL and Oracle/Postgres database related performance issues.
7. Work with both onshore and offshore talent to complete performance related tasks.
8. Adhere to and enforce consistent company and department testing standards and procedures.
9. Provide weekly status information regarding progress and provide presentations to stakeholders. Must have good communication skills.
10. Work across many problem domains to help with performance related issues as assigned.
11. Tune Apache, WebSeals, JBoss/Websphere application and Linux/Aix servers for best performance.
12. Understand Network latencies, geolocation and bandwidth dependencies around performance, caching and both front and backend optimization techniques.
13. Experience with Splunk, Dynatrace, LoadRunner or JMeter (or other load generation tool).
14. Good understanding of load balancing, expiration headers, compression, CDNs, etc.
15. Good understanding of TCP/IP sockets, TCP Slowstart/congestion..
16. Have good understanding of JEE performance design patterns and anti-patterns.
•Position requires a Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, IS or related. Alternatively, employer will accept a Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent.
•Qualifying experience must include experience with each of the following: Apache; WebSeals; Testing performance with network latency, bandwidth, geolocations, expiration headers, load balancer and CDN; Optimizing performance using caching/compression techniques; Splunk, Dynatrace, LoadRunner or JMeter; TCP/IP sockets; congestion; utilizing JEE design patterns.