Role Value Proposition:
IT Risk & Security Lead Analyst will provide key subject matter expertise as it relates to Global Cyber Security Incident Response and is responsible for managing cyber security incidents globally while providing technical expertise to global incident response associates to help manage, identify, remediate, and mitigate cyber security incidents.
- Review, triage, escalate, and respond to security events and incidents while analyzing various log, network, malware, forensic, and open source information to validate security threats, recommend appropriate countermeasures, and assess the impact of incidents.
- Lead on the team in developing a Global Threat Intelligence capability staying abreast of existing and developing threats against MetLife and our industry.
- Maintain awareness of emerging threats, especially those targeting the financial services industry. This position requires self-motivation, a strong willingness to learn, and passion for the information security field.
- Perform proactive engagement (threat hunting) in order to identify potential threats to the environment and its customers.
- Partner with global working teams, gather the security requirements and recommend security products, services and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of combined IT and Cyber Security related work experience.
- Strong experience analyzing raw log files (i.e. firewall, IDS, PCAP, system logs), performing data correlation, and using SIEM or log management tools.
- Strong understanding of Windows operating systems and command line tools, network protocols, TCP/IP fundamentals, and security infrastructure.
- Scripting experience for analysis and automate repeatable processes.
- Relevant industry certifications such as CISSP, CCNA-Security, Security+, GIAC, PMP, LEAN and Six Sigma are desire.