Our team of professionals is responsible for evaluating the Company’s processes to optimize operational efficiency, effectively measure and mitigate risk, and evaluate control design and effectiveness. As a member of Windstream Internal Audit, you will be part of a team where collaboration is the norm, and excellence is rewarded. We embrace a get-it-done attitude and are dedicated to creating a best in class audit department with employees who are driven to be their best self.
Our internal audit team interacts and communicates regularly with senior management and gain unsurpassed insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations.
- Independent advisors - advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives, organization, process and systemic changes
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts - providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas
- Efficiency specialists - identifying inefficiencies in processes, risk management and control design
- Problem-solving partners - looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities
The ideal candidate lives out strong professional ethics, is a self-starter who works with minimal supervision to meet deadlines; leads multiple projects at once; and possesses strong communication skills. In addition, some of the essential job duties and skills include:
- Relationship building
- Ability to understand, document and analyze complex details
- Process evaluation and mapping
- Aptitude to learn and work with Windstream systems
- Project management of assigned audits
- Effective use of tools/applications for audit management and data analysis
- Effective presentation/facilitation
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, including Visio
- Project management (PM) experience
- Experience performing advanced process and control evaluation
- CPA, CIA, CISA, or Six Sigma preferred
College degree and 5-7 years professional level experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or 9+ years professional level related experience with 2-3 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experiencerequired.