Are you ready to seize an opportunity to drive leading edge technology solutions with the customer? Do you value deploying and working on the latest solutions with real world impact? Do you thrive by mentoring and leading by example? Would you love to help us accelerate the transformation towards data-driven organizations? Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team?
If so, the Data and AI Consultant position in the Microsoft Services Organization is for you!
Our consultants work with the latest technologies to design, build, optimize data-centric solutions, and help our customers unlock the value of their data. We apply our broad and deep technology combined with a strong industry knowledge. As part of our team, you will deliver solutions to customers around the world. You will play a key role in allowing out clients to maximize their investment in Microsoft technology and introduce them to emerging technologies and solutions – to grow and optimize their business. To be successful, you will take advantage of our community of consultants, through sharing solutions and utilizing your early access to technology. You'll be part of something bigger, through unleashing the power of data and crafting solutions to meet customer needs. You will provide technical leadership for other consultant teams and engage in the complete lifecycle of large data-driven projects. Your key to success is your passion for customers, demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience: understanding and optimizing databases and data visualization, designing and developing solutions, and delivering with high quality on challenging engagements.
As a Data and AI Consultant, you will:
• Be part of a thriving practice that's constantly looking for ways to improve our customers' experience
• Help translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work.
• Craft both high-level and detailed design documents and implement innovative solutions using the most recent technologies
• Optimize customer's current data solutions and infrastructure
• Implement large data platform, business intelligence and advance analytics and multi-tier type solutions
• Take a leadership role on projects demonstrating experience?handling projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes running multi-phase/multi-dimensional/multi-resource projects to conclusion while maintaining high customer satisfaction
• Continually learn and grow professionally
Mentor other consultants to share your knowledge and experience
Recommended Qualifications and Experience:
• 2+ years of SQL Server or advanced database or advanced analytics experience
• 3+ years of technical expertise in an enterprise environment
• Deep technical or architectural knowledge of at least 2 of the following areas preferred:
o Database administration (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – performance tuning, troubleshooting, high availability / disaster recovery, security
o Database development (preferably with SQL, including Azure SQL) – designing and building database solutions (tables / stored procedures / forms / queries / etc.)
o Business intelligence – combining knowledge of SSIS/SSAS/SSRS/Power BI technologies with a deep understanding of data structure / data models to design, develop, and tune BI solutions and reports
o Advanced data analytics – designing and building solutions using technologies such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, SQL DWH, stream analytics, machine learning, R server.
o Big Data implementation – using Open Source and Non-SQL technologies such as Databricks, Spark, Spark Streaming, Kafka, Storm, Zeppelin, Scala Software development, Hadoop Hive, Hadoop Map Reduce, Hadoop Clusters, Cosmos DB.
• B.S./B.A. or equivalent work experience combined with a relevant industry experience in a consulting role.?
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally and work with diverse cultures and customers and able to obtain a valid passport within 90 days of joining the team
• Fluency in written and spoken English and local language if applicable. Ability to speak other languages a plus
• Ability to communicate with a variety of different audiences and strong presentation skills
• Ability to lead and motivate technical communities
• Ability to effectively recognize and adapt to change
• Ability to quickly grasp customers' business challenges and drive positive change