Consultant Business Intelligence - Personal Lines
5 - 7 years experience • Accounting, Finance & Insurance
Overview of the Position
This position will fill a need on the Personal Lines Business Intelligence (PLBI) Team within the Product Design and Analytics department of the Personal Lines organization. The individual will assist in the design and development of BI and analytical tools that will enable the company to better manage and monitor its products. The Consultant will be responsible for extraction of data from various internal/external data sources, development and maintenance of reports, dashboards and tools that drive the decision-making process and will seek methods for improving internal processes and techniques that support the business operations. Key accountabilities for this role include the ability to deliver reporting solutions of high integrity and accuracy, research and respond to questions from key customers, work with data owners/providers to debug any data related errors or discrepancies and collect business requirements for collection of new data components/metrics, scorecards and tools.
- Design and implement end-to end BI solutions.
- Create functional and technical documentation related to Business Intelligence solutions
- Design & develop interactive dashboards with Tableau using advanced visualization techniques.
- Design & develop SSAS model and pivots to create self service capability for advanced users.
- Publish automated, interactive dashboards to end-consumers using Tableau Server.
- Evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery while helping to change Excel based culture.
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively with various business organizations and Enterprise Data Office
- Strong team player that has a direct approach and is solution oriented
- Research and evaluate potential technology solutions to meet business needs
- Ability to listen effectively, process information, ask appropriate questions for clarification and execute tasks accordingly
- Ability to work in a high stress fast paced environment managing multiple tasks and projects.
- Must have initiative and strive for continuous improvement. Proven ability to participate in implementing innovative ideas, projects and business solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical users at all levels of the organization
- Customer focus: strives to give customers best service and takes the initiative to add value
- Analyze complex data sets to identify affected or in-scope populations for new projects.
- Partner with business teams to identify requirements and business needs.
- Support the delivery of new systems and system enhancements for the team including requirements, analysis and UAT.
- Review and evaluate business and data flow processes. Understand key components of the data processing function and data consumers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders / data consumers and represent the data function and embrace Data Quality principles and client service.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, Economics or other related field
- 4+ years of hands on experience with various business intelligence and analytics tools such as MSBI, Tableau, SAS, Business Objects. Property & Casualty insurance industry experience a plus
- Good understanding of Data warehouse, Dimensional modeling, Data virtualization and Data delivery methodologies
- Knowledge on Big Data ecosystems and Semantic tools for BI development.
- Exposure to Cloud computing and technologies AWS, Azure is plus.
- Industry BI&A experience at a reputable public consulting firm a plus
- Strong MS Excel, data analysis and data manipulation skills, including programming experience
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms to effectively interface with all levels of management.
- Strong problem-solving ability and ability to quickly analyze and understand source and target data structures.
- Ability to build effective relationships with business partners
- A creative and critical thinker who is a confident self-starter capable of driving projects to completion
Preferred Skill Set:
- BI Technology: Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server skill is must
- SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SAP Business Objects
- Database Technology: Oracle Exadata, SQL Server, HDFS, Hive
- ETL Technology: SSIS, Shell scripting, Autosys scheduler, Python
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age.