JOB SUMMARY: Acts independently or as a member of a team providing business process management competency. Participates in major process modeling, analysis, and design efforts. Responsible for providing business performance management, organizational design, and business risk management capabilities to formulate pragmatic, forward facing, and actionable business transformation plans. Responsible for establishing a common understanding of the business environment in which a project (or solution) must be defined, designed, created deployed, used and supported. Requires in-depth understanding of business processes, systems, organizational structure, and industry requirements.Job Description
Ideal candidate will have:
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Manager/Director; no direct reports but may lead project or virtual team.
1. Partners with executive management to transform their businesses through the strategic application of people, processes, and technology. Participates in strategic planning process for a given business unit by identifying complexities, dependencies, and redundancies in the business model.
2. Expert in leading business process analysis/design, organizational analysis, stakeholder needs assessments, and cost/benefit analysis in an effort to align information technology solutions with business strategies and directions. Leads in the planning of business-specific technology plans. Consults with functional groups within IT and internal business clients to develop short- and long-term business transformation plans.
3. Serves as the top level business process management contributor and consultant between business customers and systems area for development and implementation of new business processes or modifications to existing processes. Acts as a primary internal business product and process consultant responsible for communicating to customers, management and external sources.
4. Analyzes complex business and user needs, defines business requirements and recommends appropriate solutions and business strategies. Provides business process management and technical consulting and expertise to management in resolving the most complex business problems.
5. Identifies the critical elements of a business process that need to be monitored and managed. Defines criteria of performance success in the context of a specific process and identify, with process owners and stakeholders, what characterizes good, bad or indifferent performance. Reports performance in a way that generates a balanced and rational response from senior and junior management.
6. As a team member, participates in analysis and design of organizational structures, roles, responsibilities, governance, staffing, and sourcing to support business goals, strategies, and process architecture. Provides significant contribution in executing business unit level change such as change in business model, restructuring operations, new technologies, new programs such as Total Quality Management, re-engineering, etc.
7. Formulates, defines and drafts the most complex systems scopes and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements. Leads the negotiation of compromises arising from conflicting customer and systems requirements.
8. Conducts and leads in the training of customers on business, technological, societal, and environmental trends to support strategies for improving business performance with particular emphasis on emerging business practices, technologies, and methodologies that are applicable to the insurance and financial services industry.
9. Expert in the development, implementation and distribution of strategic solutions and methodologies for a assigned business unit.
10. Serves as an expert in, and, facilitates strategic projects involved in evaluating and researching new and existing products, procedures and/or workflow needs associated with business systems for the company. Evaluates new IT developments and evolving business requirements and recommends appropriate systems alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems.
11. Analyzes and consults on business strategies, business drivers, end-to-end business processes, associated information technology and organizational structures to achieve substantial improvement in business performance and stakeholder value through identification of innovative changes.
12. Devises and/or modifies procedures to solve complex business problems by the innovative application of technology. May recommend and facilitate quality improvement efforts.
13. Develops compelling business cases, including gaining senior management buy-in, to accomplish business objectives. Identifies, assesses and mitigates business risks associated with the current operating model and/or desired target state operating models.
14. Acts as a resource for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff. Assigns responsibility for tasks, sets clear objectives, and monitors progress and results. Monitors project schedules and costs. Develops project plans, work breakdown structures, and deliverables for overall solution delivery.
15. Performs all other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information, business, mathematics or related field is strongly preferred. Graduate studies are preferred. Significant insurance related studies gained by technical insurance designation is preferred.
Knowledge: Demonstrated knowledge of standards, best practices, methodologies, and frameworks associated with the insurance/financial services industry, business process management, and the IT discipline. Must have sound knowledge of a wide variety of tools, concepts, and techniques of business process modeling, analysis, and design. Expert knowledge of emerging industry, competitor, customer demography, regulatory, and market trends as they relate to insurance, reinsurance, and related financial services industries. Understanding of new technologies and developments in the technology industry and their application to the Nationwide environment. Must have expert knowledge of the systems development life cycle. Extensive knowledge of project management concepts and techniques are required. Expert knowledge of facilitation, performance management, organizational design, and organization change management.
Experience: Eight years of progressive experience in planning, designing and implementing enterprise-wide business transformation initiatives. Extensive experience in functional, process, information, and data modeling, data management and warehousing, and applications integration. In-depth experience with process re-design methods (e.g., BPR, Six Sigma, TQM) and tools (e.g., Popkin, Proforma, IDS Scheer, Computas, MEGA) Three years of experience in project management is preferred. 58073