The Business Analyst’s role is to plan, design, develop, and launch efficient information systems and operations systems in support of core organizational functions. Using both business and technical skills, the business analyst works directly with customers to identify business requirements with sufficient detail and clarity to allow technical solution proposal development. The business Analyst will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments. Additionally, the business analyst works with the sales team to develop and close services projects and maintains customer relationships to ensure customer satisfaction and ease of on-going support.
5+ years Sage EM ERP implementation or implementation of similar ERP solution (Epicor, Infor, Syspro, Chempax, Workday, ProcessPRO, MS Dynamics)
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, quality assurance, or equivalent, required. Advanced degree preferred
A consulting background with a record of delivering complex technical solutions within defined timeframes and budgets
Strong business expertise, a keen understanding of business needs, and ability to ensure technical solutions, strategies, practices, and deliver business and customer value.
- Experience translating business requirements into solution specifications.
- Experience leading requirements definition and design sessions through use of interviews, surveys, user workshops, product/prototype demo's, etc
- Successful track record of delivering on agreed upon business objectives and performance on key metrics.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Conducts analysis of client business processes and functional requirements. Prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
- Analyzes the data, evaluates existing application products, and recommends efficient, cost effective solutions which support client business processes and functional requirements.
- Documents functional requirements, workflow, and system specifications. Applies technical and business knowledge to analyze client requirements and match them to system functionality.
- Performs gap analysis, identifies options and make recommendations on best methods to address gaps. This may include customizations, third party products, process changes or other industry best practices.
- Becomes familiar with key functions of client’s key systems in order to easily identify integration points and make recommendations.
- Works with clients throughout system testing and product acceptance phases to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- Develops technical and industry specific knowledge on an on-going basis and keeps up to date with industry trends and latest technology solutions.
- Ensures timely administration and entering time and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Interacts with peers and managers to share knowledge, raise critical issues and suggest process improvements.
- Supports sales team with business opportunities by assisting with estimate and proposal generation, performing demos, and responding to customer Pre-sales requests as needed
- Manages and supports relationships and installed products at existing clients. This includes handling questions, solving problems, writing reports, performing upgrades, as well as ensuring client’s general satisfaction with the software and the company
- Proactively seek/create opportunities to participate in client interactions to ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are achieved
- Ensure project deliverables meet and/or exceed client expectations
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key client/partner/stakeholders to ensure effective communication channels exist and client/partner satisfaction is achieved
- Direct delivery of all projects in defined area; ensuring projects are completed at or ahead of schedule, costs are managed to budget, and customer expectations are exceeded
- Promote value billing and efficiency in service delivery
- Develop subject matter expertise on practice products and serve as escalation point for any implementation issues
- Advise teams on maintaining timelines. Provide leadership and direction to consulting teams in project delivery
- Excellent planning, organizational and leadership skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective presentations.
- Strong negotiation and team building skills.
- Strong decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills.