Cardinal Health at Home is a best-in-class provider of medical supplies to patients in the home. It is comprised of two separate operating segments: Edgepark, a leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) medical supplies provider and Independence Medical, a Leading wholesale provider of medical supplies to commercial customers. These businesses serve more than one million patients in the home, offer more than 40,000 products and 6,000 patient touch points daily.
This position will involve defining, developing, implementing and supporting technical workflows and business process solutions for customers. This position will also provide support for the application that business rules and processes are managed in.
Accountabilities for this job role
- Develop business rules logic to support direct-to-customer customer ordering and servicing of medical supplies
- As required, perform analysis, design and development of decision model and rules through the applicable Business Decision Management Platform
- Manage and administer complementary software such as Rule Designer and Decision Center
- Create software development lifecycle artifacts to document business requirements (agile stories), functional specifications, and deliverables
- Will be responsible for verifying the functionalities of the system through the testing process
- Work closely with various teams that support process such as revenue cycle management, Medicaid, IBM ODM, and working through insurance bill/rebill processes
- Lead or collaborate with matrixed teams comprised of IT and business, as well as internal and external resources including third party vendors, to ensure successful project delivery
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding
- Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 4 + years of business analyst experience preferably in healthcare or insurance services
- Minimum of 2years project experience defining business decisions, rules and implementing rules engine management systems i.e. IBM ODM, Pega ODM, Sapiens Decision Modeling, Corticon, etc.
- Working knowledge of Java
- SQL creating and optimization
- Familiarity with web services (Rest and Soap)
- 3 to 5years of building products in lean and agile methodology environments
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics, which lead to actionable results
- Experience using Agile SDLC tools such as Jira and Hiptest preferred
- Experience with manual and automation testing processes and procedures
- Strong experience gathering requirements, creating stories, and documenting project details in JIRA
- Hands on experience within an Agile environment and experiencesupporting several projects within an Agile environment would be a plus
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
What Business Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Analysis is responsible for deeply understanding the business in multiple functional areas and across Business Units, as well as understanding the application landscape and capabilities. They maintain relationships with the business and leverage requirements engineering practices and methods to enable improved business processes to drive business success. They align business strategies and capability needs into business and technical requirements to ensure IT systems enable the desired value.
- Knows and executes best practices for business analysis processes and functions (from an industry and strategic standpoint), including requirements elicitation methods. Knows emerging trends.
- Defines requirements in accordance with the companies SDLC (Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall), management and project/product scope. Ensures problem statements and objectives are clearly defined. Ensures requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies.
- Leads elicitation sessions using variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, business models with executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts.
- Facilitates the team through the analysis of, and makes recommendations towards, complex business decisions.
- Mediates across different IT teams utilizing knowledge of IT and roles and responsibilities within the organization.
- Focuses on process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Demonstrates excellent listening, communication, and facilitation skills.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues