Constuction Project Manager
The Project Manager (Occupancy Planner) directs project management services on assigned JLL client projects/regions/practices, providing superior client service. The Project and Development Services team seeks an experienced interiors architect with experience executing workplace strategies, programming, space planning, and construction administration.
- Develops preliminary program requirements for clients and prospects
- Prepare test-fit spaces plans and 3D plans using Revit and JLL’s InSite tools
- Forecasts order of magnitude scopes, schedules and budgets for projects
- Recommends space policies and standards, procedures and protocols
- Oversees project implementation and execution through completion of construction.
- May manage small, ground-up projects including programming, design, entitlements, bidding, permitting, and construction management.
- Proficient at managing projects up to 25k RSF. May assume responsibility up to 75k RSF.
- Builds and carries out marketing and development initiatives to best deliver results to existing and potential clients.
- Oversees capital improvement/asset preservation programs with design and construction processes at multiple sites through local resources, with minimal oversight.
- Develops or assists in developing project budget including hard and soft costs.
- Begins to manage or assists in managing project budgets for subject properties and maintain monthly forecasts and cash flow analysis.
- Assists in or may be responsible for project scheduling and project decisions based upon owners’ objectives which may include, but is not limited to: site improvements, entitlements, permits, consultant selection; design team management, schedule creation and management, contractor selection and management, financial management including cash flows, anticipated cost reports and monthly reports.
- Assists in or assembles and manages required teams of consultants and contractors. (Negotiates contracts with each team member; Interfaces with architects, client staff, property managers and vendors).
- Maintains client relationships and may assist in or manages conflict resolution.
- Provides appropriate level of on-site supervision to ensure project performance criteria are being met.
- Develops relationships with consultants/contractors/vendors and evaluate their performance.
- Will be very familiar with the A/Es in the tidewater area.
- Can recommend area GC’s for local work.
- Operates independently on activities relevant to project. Defers policy issues and employment related issues to higher management levels.
- Identify and address areas of concern regarding potential liabilities and risk (fee, our reputation, errors and omissions, etc.) to Manager or Project Lead.
- Assists Market Leader and Regional Management in the establishment and refinement of best practices of standards of excellence.
- Assists in training and developing JLL team members in the skills and understanding of firm procedures, methodology and practices expected for a successful project implementation.
- Assists local PDS team in meeting profit numbers on a Market, Regional, and National level as determined on a yearly basis by the Management Team.
- Will perform business development activities including but not limited to: assisting with or leading the sourcing, pitching, and securing of new business and projects within local markets.
- Participates periodically in client meetings or business development presentations as part of a Team to help demonstrate our capabilities. Assists with the development of marketing materials and support information/data. Maintains a working knowledge of business unit’s available product and service offerings.
- Ensure that all accounts receivables are maintained at a level not to exceed planned working capital charge as set by corporate finance, the project team and/or the Regional Operations Manager.
- BachelorDegree from an accredited institution. Preference towards a Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management.
- Experience with workplace strategy, programming, space planning, and construction administration and project management.
- Proficiency with using REVIT and AutoCAD.
- 5-10 years as PM, Interior Architect or similar role.
- Strong preference to possess a LEED, AIA, PE, PMP
- Firm knowledge of construction and architecture.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with executive level internal & external clients
- Organizational & detailed-oriented with the ability to prioritize and manage differing needs of the business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office.