Walsh is currently seeking an Construction Tech Manager at our LaGuardia project in New York, NY.
The Construction Tech Manager will manage collaboration processes with various construction technology solutions, including BIM, to improve communication and collaboration. Responsible for the management of multiple competing opinions to arrive at a single design or deliverable with increasingly less oversight. Ensures that all opinions are heard and considered while rationalizing the available solutions against cost, schedule, and quality to protect and promote the interests of the company. Maintain positive relationships with all collaborators as they will be made up of design partners, trade partners, joint venture partners, and/or other business units within the organization.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Provide leadership to the process of construction and analysis of three-dimensional digital models, with increasingly less oversight, for project constructability analysis, coordination activities, quantity takeoffs, conceptual estimates, cost analysis, scheduling, and other communication purposes.
- Evaluate project design documentation and schedule for project opportunities and risks.
- Audit three-dimensional BIM models received from design and trade partners to assess project risks.
- Refine existing technical processes and participate in the development, documentation, and implementation of new technical processes or services.
- Review the development of graphic communication media for clarity and completeness. Edit content where required.
- Review and coordinate project communication, submittals, and shop drawings.
- Resolve competing interests among project participants.
- Advise and train less experienced staff.
- Assist with estimating project services.
- Assist with project closeout activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or related professional experience.
- Minimum of three years of experience as a ConstructionTechnology Engineer or similar external experience
- Travel required.
- Collaboration management; critical thinking abilities; oral, written, and graphic communication skills; and knowledge of constructioncontract documents are required
- Proficient with three-dimensional modeling, drafting, visual scheduling, graphic design, animation, audio/video production, audio/video editing, LiDAR and SLAM capture, photogrammetry capture and processing, UAS/Drone operations, programming/scriptinglanguages, application development, data structure/analysis, and collaboration tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability / Veteran