Walsh Construction is currently seeking a Systems Integration Test Manager for the METRO LAX/Crenshaw Light Rail Transit (LRT) Design-Build project in the Inglewood/Los Angeles, CA area.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
- Manage all systems integration test activities
- Develop and update the Systems Integration Test Plan
- Hold regular Systems Integration Test Coordination meetings to update status and schedule
- Coordinate the Systems Integration Test schedule with the project masterschedule
- Provide 3-week look ahead Systems Integration Test and activities schedule
- Prior to scheduling the integrated tests, confirm all integration test pre-requisites are met and open items closed
- Coordinate with Systems Manager regarding plan to address any LFAT open items prior to Systems Integration Testing
- Coordinate with Systems Manager for required Systems’ sub-contractor support during systems integration testing
- Coordinate with the Project’s Electrical and Mechanical leads for required sub-contractor support during systems integration testing
- Assign all test personnel including the Test Directors
- Coordinate with Track Allocation Coordinator to schedule access to the project site for integration testing
- Participate in FLSC and SSCRT meetings, as required
- Coordinate with WSCC System Safety & Security Certification Task Lead for the certification requirements during integration tests
- Review and approve all integration test procedures and reports
- Maintain an Integration Discrepancy Log with corrective actions
- Schedule systems integration re-test, as required to resolve and close all discrepancies
- Coordinate and interface with Systems and/or other discipline design leads
- Coordinate and interface with Metro’s Systems Manager
- Participate in Metro’s Rail Activation Committee meetings, as required
- Support SIT Phase 2 and Rail Activation Phase, as required
- The responsibilities also include management and assignment of all test personnel; interface with design engineers to review and develop detail test procedures, reports and discrepancy resolutions; interface and coordination with Metro Systems Director, Project Management team, and members of the Rail Activation Committee; reporting of systems integration test activities, schedule, and status to the Project leadership.
- Ten (10) or more years of experience in transit/rail systems engineering, systems integration, construction, and testing.
- Experience in transit/rail tunnels integration and testing is desirable. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Systems Integration Test Manager must have an overall understanding of integration test phase requirements such as
- ability to learn and understand the engineering interfaces of the Project’s systems and sub-systems
- development of test procedures
- conducting integration tests and reporting process
- coordination with track allocation/red tag, test phase operating rules and procedures
- interface with System Safety & Security Certification
- turnover requirements; and rail activation.