We have an immediate opportunity for Construction Supervisor. The candidate will have the opportunity to perform professional on-site supervising of the construction of Substation and Transmission Line projects. Candidate’s responsibilities include participating in site safety programs, quality inspections, schedule monitoring and reporting, tracking scope and cost changes, and communicating project status with the Construction Manager. The scope of projects varies, and can include transmission line projects, substation additions, and green field substation construction projects. The candidate would also be responsible for leadership, direction, management and the execution of construction design build quality for projects in various locations. The Construction Supervisor assures that installations comply with the applicable plans, codes, standards, specifications and construction practices, including the timely completion and collection of inspection and test reports as required. Specific duties include:
- Assists Construction Manager with client interface and relations.
- Assists with Material Manager to review all procured materials for acceptance. Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
- Assist in coordinating weekly coordination meeting with field staff & subcontractors.
- Assist in coordinating weekly staff & subcontractor meetings.
- Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
- Assist in the completion of the construction punch-list.
- Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor or Construction Manager.
- Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
- Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager or Division Safety manager.
- Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
- Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
- Assist in the effort of hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates.
- Minimum 5 years related experience, including 2 or more years managing and implementing quality control procedures.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer and communications media skills.
- Advanced technical writing experience required.
- Able to deliver Project Gross Margin (PGM) on assigned project.
- Knowledge of construction technology.
- Knowledge of EPC Industry.
- Company practices, process, and related impact on project activities.
- Administrative policies and procedures.
- Time reporting policies and procedures.
- Expense reporting policies and procedures.
- Project budgeting process and tools.
- Approach to managing construction operations.
- Project controls policies and procedures.
- Risk assessment policies and procedures.
- Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
- Project management skills.
- Conflict management skills
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
- Supervisory skills
- Organizational skills
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
- Presentation skills
- Candidate must undergo pre-employment drug screening and a criminal background investigation.
- Position located at client offices with travel to the site on occasion.