The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for setting expectations for Weston personnel and any supporting subcontractors or general contractors with respect to scheduling, installation and testing requirements. Other responsibilities include project status review, daily site reports, team, subcontractor and client relations, and various other responsibilities as necessary to ensure construction completion and customer satisfaction. A Secret Security Clearance is required. This position will be located in Fairfield, PA
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- BS plus 9 years’ experience or equivalent experience in construction management.
- Must have experience implementing and managing renovation projects at government facilities overseas.
- Ability to fully comprehend construction contract documents and details, along with a solid understanding of construction principals and techniques.
- QC Certification preferred.
- Needs to be certified as a SHSO Level C minimum.
- Attend 1st Aid and CPR Classes.
- 40 hr. trained safety officer.
- Must have excellent organizational skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, and be proficient in Microsoft Office including Word & Excel
- Oversight of electrical work is desired.
- Within his or her specialty, is responsible for various filed activities including site management, sample collection, data analysis, and report preparation of that area of specialty on projects.
- Maintain up-to-date techniques insuring the credibility of technical assignment, e.g. specialized training for renovation work at secure facilities.
- Prepare and recommend scientifically valid and appropriate quality assurance program for technical assignment to ensure high quality results and a satisfied client.
- Coordinate daily activities with other professionals and field personnel.
- Provide technical supervision and assistance to insure that project activities are technically valid and results are coordinated for added continuity and control.
- Prepare the sections of proposals relating to his or her area of specialty with regard to scope, man-hours, and equipment needed.
- Be familiar with potential hazards (safety and health) associated with project activities and advise manager of construction of procedures to mitigate.
- Acting as a working leader, serves to coordinate all technical activities in an efficient manner to insure that the project requirements and deadlines are met.
- Act as liaison with other professionals and field personnel to accomplish the efficient and smooth implementation of project directives.
- The Construction Site Manager will serve as leader of the field teams and be capable of assisting the team in completing the required tasks. All field operations, timetables, field budgets are under his/her control.
- Substantial effort is spent in writing proposals, 255 Forms, and in giving presentations to prospective clients.