The Superintendent is responsible for providing overall day-to-day on-site administration and technical management on construction projects. Maintain and direct the coordination of subcontractor activity.
What You?ll Do
1. Ensures that the day-to-day coordination of subcontractors on the jobsite turn out high-quality work that meets the approved project schedule.
2. Executes work procedures, interprets specifications, and coordinates various phases of construction to prevent delays and provides assistance with client demands.
3. Monitors field work to ensure compliance with safety regulations, company standards, procedures, specifications and codes. Must be able to create and maintain a safety first environment.
4. Maintains a thorough understanding of contract documents to be able to plan ahead and anticipate potential problems before they arise.
5. Responsible for the overall coordination and management of the jobsite, scheduling and changes to the project team.
6. Facilitate pre-construction meetings, site visits, and subcontractor meetings on a weekly basis.
7. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, resource plans, and status reports including developing and implementing complete project schedules to ensure requireddates are met. Updates schedule weekly. Immediately notify the PM of any delays or budget issues.
8. Must provide daily project reporting to the General Superintendent, which documents the activities at the project. Ability to effectively manage project closeout including successful completion of punch list.
9. Requires travel to other New England states based on project demand.
What You?ll Need
1. Knowledgeable of the construction process, safety procedures, construction materials and methods, read and understand blueprints.
2. Ability to use Microsoft Word and Outlook
3. OSHA 30 certification and MA site supervisors license a plus
4. Extensive knowledge of safety regulations
5. Retail, automotive, healthcare and/or multi-family project experiencedesired
6. Experience on projects valued between $1 million and $10 million preferred
What You?re Bringing to the Table
1. Degree from an accredited college or university program preferred, High School Diplomarequired
Our Core Values
Excellent total compensation package which includes competitive benefits, 401k program, flexibility and much more!
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.