IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Construction Superintendent II to join our growing Construction Management and Project Delivery team at our client site in the Seattle, WA area. We design facilities for our life science (pharmaceutical, biotechnology, etc.) clients so experience in this area is preferred; high tech, semiconductor and data center experience will be considered. Design build experience is a plus. This position has an immediate start. Future travel will be in the Northwest / West Coast. Your home office will be in our Irvine, CA office.
The Construction Superintendent II leads specific construction site activities, including specific trades and manages parts of the field operations on projects.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assumes primary responsibility for activities associated with specific trades on assigned construction sites.
- Leads assigned vendors and subcontractors to meet project goals.
- Ensures achievement of safety objectives on assigned projects.
- Ensures achievement of corporate goals for assigned projects.
- Ensures projects meet applicable quality requirements.
- Interacts with clients at site on assigned projects and promotes positive relationships.
- Special projects as assigned.
Operations & Administrative Duties
- Supports the Construction Manager in the development and maintenance of preconstruction, construction, and closeout execution plans.
- Supports the Construction Manager in the development and maintenance of project schedules, including targeted and actual activities lists, durations, and sequencing logic.
- Develops a working knowledge of the project budget for assigned trades, and identifies exceptions to the project budget throughout execution of the project.
- Supports the Construction Manager in the development of change control documentation and related financial documentation. Vigorously protects corporate positions.
- Oversees the work of assigned vendors and subcontractors to ensure compliance with quality requirements.
- Participates in constructability reviews of design documents.
- Supports Project Manager and Construction Manager in the procurement and coordination of all required extracorporate project resources. Works with Project Manager and Construction Manager to conduct pre-bid walk-through and descope meetings. Works with Project Manager and Construction Manager to select subcontractors and vendors.
- Supports the Project Manager in the evaluation of vendor and subcontractor invoices. Assists in evaluation of requests for payment against actual performance.
- Manages subcontractor and vendor change requests. Evaluates legitimacy of request in terms of contractual requirements and validity of cost estimate.
- Facilitates communication between subcontractors, vendors, and project personnel, and produces documentation of communication between project participants. Supports the RFI process.
- Personally makes periodic site inspections and evaluations and reports on the results of those inspections.
- Supports the Construction Manager in the production of daily reports of site conditions, including weather, force levels, and safety issues.
- Completes job safety analysis documentation and other safety documentation as required by corporate safety program.
- Supports the Construction Manager in periodic coordination meetings with trade subcontractors at site.
- Supports the Construction Manager and Document Control to ensure that all submittals are distributed, reviewed, and stored to meet project and corporate requirements. Reviews submittals as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Supports the Project Manager and Construction Manager in ensuring compliance of project activities with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees startup activities of assigned trades if included in the project scope.
- Oversees commissioning activities of assigned trades if included in the project scope.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related discipline or an equivalent technical degree.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in construction site management.
- Experience in pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or laboratory industries is required; high tech, semiconductor and data center experience will be considered.
- Full time travel and temporary relocation from 6 weeks up to 1 year may be required as projects are being executed regionally and on the West Coast.