A premier east coast construction firm is looking for a Superintendent to join their team. This individual will supervise, oversee, plan and ensure the success of the construction job site. Responsible for the planning, organizing and controlling of the project(s). Complete quality inspections of all related work and materials and ensure that budget, design and schedule are met and followed. Monitor and supervise all of the operations, workers and subcontractors and report project progress to company and the client. Overall responsibility is for the construction site and you must successfully meet the time, quality and financialobligations of the job in a safe environment.
- Plan, direct and supervise company quality functions and activities as established by company and Owner.
- Maintain and review punch list process to ensure all are addressed and executed in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain positive Subcontractor relationships through established strong communication in regards to responsibilities, changes and issues as well as following up on requests in a timely manner.
- Develop critical client relationships through being available for client requests, working collaboratively with outside parties (i.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals and maintaining close communication across Project Team regarding client contact tactics and strategies.
- Get subs to perform if not take corrective action.
- Mitigate risk; document project events.
- Plan, coordinate and supervise on-site functions (engineering, scheduling and coordination of material deliveries), subcontracts, equipment and manpower requirements.
- Develop 5 week look-ahead to manage daily activities and key material deliveries.
- Be involved in sub buyout for scopes of work.
- Work in partnership with PM to maintain an updated and accurate project schedule that reflects the changes in project status and that meets the cost and time requirements of the project schedule.
- Provide technical assistance, interpret drawings, develop construction methods consistent with contract documents, budget and schedule. Participate in purchasing and scheduling commitments with Project Manager.
- Communicate daily with Project Manager for job progress, purchasing, subcontractors, scheduling, etc. and maintain and update the constructionschedule on weekly basis.
- Attend weekly project meetings with Owner and Architect and subcontractors.
- Prepare daily constructionreports, time sheets, safety logs, equipment rentals, code and initial delivery slips.
- Maintain a complete set of up-to-date drawings and shop drawing file. Record and maintain "as-built drawings".
- Generate RFI's to the Architect and Owner.
- Assist in client interviews and proposal presentations.
- Supervise and mentor and develop project staff.
- Thorough communication while looking out for the interests of company.
- Administrate project safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment in compliance with corporate safety plan, regulations by Owner, State and OSHA regulations.
- Authorize and/or approve field change order requests with documentation.
- Manage slip work.
- Manage resources efficiently to positively affect budget, i.e. materials and equipment
- Software applications: MS Office (Word and Excel), Procore or other project management software, Project 2013.
- Good understanding of scheduling principles and logic.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the Owner contract, drawings, subcontractor agreements and scope and risk management mitigation abilities.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent time-management and prioritization skills to ensure deadlines are met while providing accurate deliverables.
- Requires exceptional leadership, interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive working relationships.
- BS OR BA in engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience of 7-10 years in the Construction Industry
- Builder?s License and Construction Supervisor credentials. (CSL)