Ameresco is currently seeking experienced construction Superintendents to join our Design Build Construction Team in providing leadership, planning and construction management expertise for the scheduling, execution and successful delivery of our multimillion-dollar Design Build and Firm Fixed construction projects. This opportunity is based out of the Columbia, Maryland office and will require travel as necessary to execute the overall project requirements.
- Provide onsite leadership for direct subcontractor workforce, control and direction of all field and construction management activities.
- Ownership of completion schedule development and planning activities. Work directly with Scheduler to develop project CPM schedule, including logic ties, pivot plan and fragnets.
- Develop a plan for sequence of work and project schedule with scheduling team.
- Plan and organize project work, including management of the critical path and all critical path activities, to assure all work is executed in accordance with the contract documents. This includes the submittal schedule, material deliveries, schedule updates, work progress/productivity and associated changes.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of owner contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Manage and control field costs and costs associated with all subcontract work.
- Supervise field work force to assure all work is put in place in the most cost-efficient manner.
- Provide guidance in implementation of the Project Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) program.
- Support design and preconstruction teams with development, estimating and scheduling activities
- Supervise the timely and cost-effective installation of the contracted work
- Provide ongoing project status updates with all parties throughout design and construction.
- Provide project reports, documentation, technical assistance, support, and collaboration.
- Ensure compliance with company safety, industry, trade, and federal/local jurisdictional standards, practices, codes.
- Support Business Development, Estimating and the Directors with development of operational plans for all pursuits.
- Support the Director and Project Manager to support development of logistics plans and schedules during pre-construction and early project activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 10+ years of recent experience in commercial or government construction industry
- Full project life cycle experience (development, preconstruction, construction)
- In depth knowledge of the construction process including scheduling, contract administration, equipment, manpower, etc.
- Industry experience with increasing levels of responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to lead field operations
- Working knowledge of applicable regulations (i.e., OSHA)
- Strong verbal, written, computer, technical communication and presentation skills.
- Computer software proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project Required.
- Computer software proficiency with ProCore, Prolog or equivalent construction industry Project Management Information System required.
- Computer software experience with Oracle P6, AutoCAD preferred
- OSHA 30-hour Certification required
- EM385-1-1 40-hour Certification preferred
- Proven experience with OSHA safety standards, building systems, engineering, and project management regulations, practices, and codes.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and foster positive business relationships.