Tejas Premier Building Contractor, Inc a San Antonio based General Contractor has an opening for Project *Superintendent to manage field operations.
The ideal candidate will meet the qualifications below and live in the Abilene/surrounding area or be willing to relocate.
GENERAL SUMMARY Schedules and directs the field construction activities of trade personnel and monitors subcontractor production and quality on a commercial building or building maintenance project and ensuring compliance with contractual obligations. Responsible for keeping projects on schedule, controlling costs, and maintaining profitability by utilizing their extensive commercial constructionexperience.
- Examines project schedules and coordinates labor, procures materials and equipment required for various project tasks.
- Monitors all production work of company and subcontractors and assures all work is within project specifications and plans.
- Inspects project work activities and serves to advise field supervision of possible safety hazards and assists in maintaining a clean and safe work environment. Including, but not limited to escorting inspectors at job sites, as needed; reporting all safety violations and/or accidents immediately to upper management;
- Conducts regular safety meetings with employees and subcontractors addressing specific work areas and conditions that require safety attention stressing compliance with Company and regulatory safety procedures.
- Coordinates with engineers, subcontractors, client/owner, inspectors, etc. to isolate project design and/ or specification problems and assists in developing solutions to these problems.
- Assures all production work is within project specifications and continually monitors work progress and quality of work. Including, but not limited to the following: complete daily job reports; maintain a Quality Control Plan for all phases of the project; maintain a set of “As-Built” drawings for each project to give to the Project Manager at the end of the project.
- Maintain communication with the Project Manager and/or VP of Operations on daily progress and/or problems that may arise
- Assist Project Manager in controlling project costs and maintaining overall profitability for the project.
- AssociateDegree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
- OJT can meet the requirements as associatedegree
- Prefer 6 to 10 years directly associated experience. JOC or MACC experience a plus
- Attention to detail
- Plan Review
- Ability to maintain schedules
- Team Builder, Employee Retention Skills
- Interpersonal Skills, Oral Communication, Organizational, Problem Solving, Report Writing
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Superintendent: 6years