WPX Energy is searching for an experienced Construction Senior Foreman in our Carlsbad, NM office. The Senior Construction Foreman oversees facilities and infrastructureconstruction. Job duties for this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leads the Construction department and otherconstruction personnel associated with construction activities.
- Oversees construction of facilities and gathering systems.
- Responsible for day-to-day third party contractor management.
- Leads efforts to cut costs, streamline processes, optimize productivity and eliminate inefficiencies on construction activities.
- Responsible for trouble-shooting all construction concerns.
- Ensures appropriate company personnel are apprised of and/or participate in projects.
- Monitors department performance against KPIs and provides support to ensure targets related to project count, HSE and budgets are met.
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with WPX's company and HSE guidelines, as well as government regulations and codes.
- Assists with permitting from all agencies and ensure permit requirements are met.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in construction operations
- Minimum of 3 years of management/leadership experience
- Direct gathering system and oil field surface facility experiencerequired
- Pipeline, gathering system and surface facility construction knowledge/experiencerequired
- Familiarity with all applicable codes
- Microsoft Word and Excel proficiency
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, candidate must be able to maintain a working relationship with land owners and regulatory personnel
- Proven ability to motivate, train and coach direct reports to create a cohesive team
- High school diploma or GED, required; some college preferred
- Good organizational skills and accurate paperwork processing are critical
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment with changing priorities