Construction Site Supervisor
Who We Are...
Since 1973, BPR has developed and managed unique hotels that were designed to create lasting memories. We strive to bring real passion and creativity into every project. As a family owned company, our team and hotels are a reflection of our core values: To be scrappy and hardworking, to be authentic and humble, to always seek to understand and be committed to growth.
The BPR team is a group of self-starters and outside the box thinkers. We are scrappy individuals who are committed to team growth. To us, every interaction and project is a chance to create a unique experience. It's a chance to roll up our sleeves and work with the resources we have. That's how we got our start.
Today, BPR is a company of over 600 employees, with thirteen lifestyle and branded hotels, all unique to the communities they serve. Although we have grown tremendously since the beginning, the same core principles passed down from our founder remain intact. That's why we are committed to finding creative individuals who have what it takes to get the job done.
Help us build something unique.
What We Look For...
We are looking for a Construction Site Supervisor to be based in the field office of a current new hotel build in Silicon Valley, CA who is highly qualified, resourceful, motivated, and will have experience in all aspects of commercial or hospitality remodels and new construction.
The Construction Site Supervisor will be responsible for leading field crews and directing subcontractor trades in all phases of the project construction. This position will be entirely field-based with some local travel between projects.
We are committed to finding creative team players who have what it takes to get the job done. Does that sound like you?
The Key Responsibilities:
- Plans, manages, schedules, and coordinates all stages of the construction process including daily field construction activities, the supervision of subcontractors and direct labor, and communicates directives clearly and decisively.
- Plans, organizes, and reports construction activities, progress, problems, and solutions to the Director of Construction on a daily basis.
- Reads and interpret plans and specifications. Ensures all work is completed within the established schedule, budget, and according to plans, specifications, and building codes.
- Coordinates all City, County, and State inspections, including consultant inspections.
- Promotes quality, focus, purpose, and quick-work pace onsite.
- Provides documentation and tracking on all action items and activities via project updatereporting software. Manages all RFIs, ASIs, and Change Orders. Organizes records in compliance with office procedures pertaining to the position.
- Performs job take-offs to ensure appropriate amount of materials and tools are on-hand at all times and budgeted costs are respected.
- Promotes jobsite safety; ensures all company team members and contractors are adhering to company safety policies; provides a QC and safety report to the Director of Construction.
- Maintains an organized and clean job site, including the construction field office. Maintains and tracks company equipment.
The Model Qualifications:
- 10+ years previous experience in Construction Management and Supervision that exhibits teamwork as a positive and a proactive problem solver.
- Ability to manage challenging, complex projects from ground-up, including utility and site work.
- Outstanding leadership and excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven time management skills and driver of the established construction timeline.
- Familiarity with spreadsheets and construction management software (i.e. Procore, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to read construction complex drawings and documents required to build the project.
- Detail oriented with an ability to work with differing personalities, quick-pace, and under time constraints.
- Highly organized person with proven planning and processes to support daily task work and project completion.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel and Word.
Be Bold. Apply Now.
Like what you see? If interested, pleaseapply now to be considered for this position.
**BPR Properties is an EOE M/F/D/V**