Primary Job Functions:
Basic Job Functions:
Responsible for site construction, management of civil, mechanical and electrical subcontractors, compliant with contract terms & conditions, installation, schedule, logistics, safety, quality, and constructability of all aspects of photovoltaic projects. Responsible for the delivery of all site-specific contractual obligations in the construction of solar photovoltaic power plants, as well as identifying areas for continuous cost reduction.
- 10 years of experience in construction management of multiple-discipline construction projects.
- Utility background a plus
- Jurisdictional and construction project experience in the Tampa, FL area preferable
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (Engineering/Construction/BusinessDegree).
- General Contractors License preferred
- Advanced Certifications (PMP, Construction Management or related) a plus
- FA / CPR / OSHA beneficial.
- A personal commitment to a safe working environment for their employees.
- Working knowledge of power generation required
- Individual must be knowledgeable of state and city codes and regulations required by the local building department.
- Candidate must have proven track record of accomplishment working as a Manager leading and supporting multi-discipline teams.
- Ability to guide and lead the construction effort from estimating, management and scheduling skills to complete the project.
- Basic understanding of construction sub-contracts, insurance, permitting and project scheduling.
- A strong focus on customer service and satisfaction.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to accomplish an objective.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite
- Ability to document and report job progress clearly.
- A willingness to embrace personal development and the ability to lead by example.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and reports the on-site construction management activities of a specific project tem with regard to large photovoltaic projects.
- Responsible to manage sub-contractors to insure the project scope awarded is built in full conformance with the plans, specifications, schedule and budget.
- Supervise, coordinate and direct site supervisor/superintendent staff.
- Perform other CM management functions as assigned. Projects include complete development of large photovoltaic projects from ground up to final commissioning and acceptance. Some commercial projects and site development as well.
- Identify means and methods to reduce costs, minimize risks, and increase speed of execution.